Menu
penner1955
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Please give me back search - otherwise I will need to change my provider!

I am no longer able to search my emails - is there a fix planned for this, it's basic functionality, I have put up with a lot of nonsense from virgin mail but this is the one that will make me change my provider and notify all my contacts of my new address and why i've moved

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please give me back search - otherwise I will need to change my provider!

That'll have VM trembling in their boots and rushing to re-code the off-the-shelf e-mail interface they use just to keep you on side - seriously I think not!

This was discussed extensively when the web mail interface was introduced. VM are aware there is a demand for a more comprehensive search function but a year later it is what it is. And there are much more important issues that they need to address - like the mediocre spam filtering.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Guidance on how to use the functionality that there is, is here:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=171052&CURRENT...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

penner1955 wrote:

I am no longer able to search my emails - is there a fix planned for this, it's basic functionality, I have put up with a lot of nonsense from virgin mail but this is the one that will make me change my provider and notify all my contacts of my new address and why i've moved

Find an independent email provider more appropriate to your needs or use an email client with IMAP, for example, Thunderbird.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HowardML wrote:

That'll have VM trembling in their boots and rushing to re-code the off-the-shelf e-mail interface they use just to keep you on side - seriously I think not!

This was discussed extensively when the web mail interface was introduced. VM are aware there is a demand for a more comprehensive search function but a year later it is what it is. And there are much more important issues that they need to address - like the mediocre spam filtering.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Guidance on how to use the functionality that there is, is here:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=171052&CURRENT...

AFAIK, cross-folder searching is an installation and configuration task with no coding involved.

0 Kudos