Menu
khls15995
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Password prompt using Thunderbird

Hi all,

I've been using Thunderbird for years now and am very happy with it.  I know that downloading messages from the mail server there is no prompt for a password no matter which e-mail client you use.  I had to change my password yesterday (Saturday) for logging onto My VM or the on line e-mail as I was trying to log on and check something and it wouldn't accept the password.  Anyway I managed to change passwords for both and they have the same password now.  I then needed to send an e-mail from TB but it's now prompting me for a password.  I have entered this correctly and it accepted it but still, every so often prompts me again.  I know there is a way of stopping this but can't remember what.  Could someone kindly shed some light on this please?  Is it something I need to do when logging onto My MV and then going into My Profile that I need to do?

Many thanks

Katy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Password prompt using Thunderbird

Hi khls15995,

To be honest I'm not aware of any password change issues per se but I'll do my best to help.

Please ensure that the password you changed in MYVM is duplicated correctly in your Thunderbird settings.  When prompted for the password don't forget to check the 'remember this password' box. 
Accessing webmail will determine if the password itself is correct.

Oh and do you have Thunderbird configured as POP or IMAP?

I'm not sure what else to suggest but there is a possibility that there could be an SMTP authentication issue so please keep us updated.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Assuming you've entered the correct password,the main thing is to make sure you tick the box circled in the image below, as by default it's unticked.

password.JPG

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

khls15995
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen, sorry to take so long to respond but thanks for your reply.  I sorted it out by contact VM via their 123rescue remote access service.  I did enter my password but wasn't ticking the check box.

Thanks again

Katherine

0 Kudos
khls15995
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and sorry not to have responded sooner.  All sorted now, I contact VM via their 123rescue remote service.  Yes I entered the password but wasn't checking the box.

Thanks again

Katherine

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

IMHO, Virgin Media should have sorted out the issue and not directed you elsewhere. How much were you charged?

0 Kudos
khls15995
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response, I was not charged.  It's all sorted now.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just in case anyone stumbles across the thread and wonders what @用心棒 was talking about.

He's confused the Gadget rescue service, which is a chargeable service, with the tool that support can use to remotely assist users 123rescue.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My mistake, thanks for clarifying.

0 Kudos