Menu
freeair
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

POP3 down

Received a txt from virginmedia saying my mail account may have been used to send spam and my account has been locked and I need to change my password by going to a linked web site.

I NEVER click on links so I will try entering the address manually.

I find it infuriating that this situation has occurred only since VM took their email back in house with all the ensuing spam problems which, AFAIK have still not been resolved.

Interestingly I can send emails from my ntl address but not from my virginmedia address but cannot receive email at either address.

Will VM ever sort out this email mess, I doubt it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: POP3 down

Hello freeair

I am sorry your email address has been accessed by someone else. It actually happened on the 3rd December and authenticated SMTP login was used to send a quantity of spam emails. This is nothing to do with the emails being in house and more to do with spammers knowing your email address and password. It looks like the correct account was locked from our logs. We wanted to let you know and to advise you to follow the information here What do I do if I think my email account has been accessed by someone else? 

Hopefully though you have done that already as currently we see no further transgressions.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos