Menu
Jackie61
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Outlook error: Cannot connect to server

@ntlworld.com email account in Outlook 2010 SUDDENLY (last 24hrs) won't connect to server.  Status bar at bottom reads "Disconnected". Email send and receive working fine on my mobile devices... but not on my laptop through Outlook.

Amongst other things, have tried the following:
- in ESET, disabled IMAP protocol checking- run repair on .pst file and MS Office

Until yesterday, this had been working fine a year. 

ERRORS:
Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for username@ntlworld.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for username@ntlworld.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

HELP!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outlook error: Cannot connect to server

This is an issue that appears to have reared its ugly head for a number of people. It is the error code that give s it away. VM are looking at it now.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Unable-to-send-emails/td-p/3198768

I'll flag for the Team member looking at it.

@Jen_A

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you try again? VM have reported in other threads that they have done work to fix this. Fingers crossed.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Jackie61
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid that it hasn't sorted it for me. how do I ensure that this thread is kept live and that VM continue to look at the fault as it applies to my issue?

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for username@ntlworld.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for username@ntlworld.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your thread will stay live. I have flagged it to the Team Member dealing with this issue. Just keep watching it and the other related threads.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jackie61,

Really sorry for not getting back to you in this thread. I did update some others and I'm really sorry if this was missed. But VM did manage to remedy this issue and we're hugely hopeful that it won't recur. 

Thank you for your patience whilst we investigated and please do come back to us if you need any help with future issues - we'll try to respond a little quicker next time )

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Jackie61
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I didn't get a notification.  But can confirm that it resolved.  Thanks.  Jackie

0 Kudos