Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Yatesy

Outgoing Mail Server for Blueyonder problems on Mac

Hi there 

I am having some problems sending mail on my Macbook. I am using the Mail app and everything else is working fine (recieving mail etc.) but there is an occurring problem of me not being able to send mail for a long period of time. I get the error message 'error 54: Connection reset by peer'. 

I've tried editing the settings on my outgoing mail server to more accurate ones given on the virgin site and now when I look at the list of servers it says 'Blueyonder (Offline)'

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
JohnFleet

Re: Outgoing Mail Server for Blueyonder problems on Mac

Having exactly the same problem - have done all the same things - getting the same result so looks like a Virgin problem I'm afraid....
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Dunsdinger1

We're having this problem too and it has just happened after we were without the internet(again) for several days about a week ago. Abslotuely nothing we have done or changed. Very,very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
benek

I've also been having issues with my blueyonder outgoing mail. Every time I send mail it gets stuck in my outbox and then Mac Mail tell me it can't send the message with the selected server. Usually if I just manually stop Mail from trying to send and then send again it works, but it's definitely not right. I've also noticed my internet and email service cut out quite a lot recently....

Screen shot 2012-04-10 at 21.17.34.png

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
paperclip

benek wrote:

I've also been having issues with my blueyonder outgoing mail. Every time I send mail it gets stuck in my outbox and then Mac Mail tell me it can't send the message with the selected server. Usually if I just manually stop Mail from trying to send and then send again it works, but it's definitely not right. I've also noticed my internet and email service cut out quite a lot recently....

Screen shot 2012-04-10 at 21.17.34.png

If you haven't already try changing your outgoing mail settings to smtp.virginmedia.com

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
campaign

Yep same problam here too. I tried calling Virgin, but they couldn't fix the issue either?

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
TonyDx

Same here intermittently. No pattern to it, but it's very annoying.

T.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Trickiejohn

Conside changing to the newer server

The settings linked to are correct foe ALL forms of Virgin email, ntl, by, virgin.net...

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=37928&CURRENT_...

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Lindsey_P

Hi All,

This has now been escalated to our networks team and is being investigated under fault reference number F001961273.

Kind Regards,

Lindsey P

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
AshAlexander

Has there been an update to fault reference number F001961273. We're having the same email sending problems on our Mac's and iPhones. 

Please use plain text.