Menu
Geogroup
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Our IP is blacklisted from sending emails to Virgin users & NTLworld

Hello,

I run the emails for a travel marketing company. We send out newsletters to our clients, some of which have @virgin.net emails, @ntlworld.com emails. We always recieve a delivery failure for these.

We get the following message:

SMTP error from remote server for TEXT command, host: mx.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net (212.54.58.11) reason: 554 5.2.0 Z4zV1s00o1bUR5V014zWmo Spam content found

Can you please assist in getting our IP whitelisted. We are a legitimate company sending out to clients who request our emails.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Our IP is blacklisted from sending emails to Virgin users & NTLworld

You haven't been blacklisted. You are one of the many e-mail senders affected by this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email-Cloud-and-webspace/Spam-Content-Found-error-message/td-p/3...

VM staff will be along to help you provided you can say that your e-mails sending arrangements meet the rather strict criteria that VM expects for it's servers to pass through mail. VM are not the only company insisting on this. And it makes no difference if you are a "bulk sender" or just respond to individual enquiries.

Post back in this thread if the advice doesn't resolve the issue. We have been told that very often the SPF record is at the root of this issue. So please make sure that yours is set up properly. We have no further information other than this on the SPF issue.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
prajesh
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for reply

Is there any tools for check email issue for (virginmedia.com / ntlworld.com / blueyonder.co.uk / virgin.net). because we are getting 'Spam Content Found' issue in all the email of (virginmedia.com / ntlworld.com / blueyonder.co.uk / virgin.net).

is there any postmaster tools for ips whitelist similar to yahoo and google?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi prajesh, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your emails. 

We don't usually white list  as we like to try to get to bottom of issue causing the bounce. 

Could you also confirm if the following is enabled and if it isn't why this is the case please.

• Uses a consistent IP address to send bulk mail.
  • Has a valid reverse DNS record for the IP address(es) from which yousend mail, pointing to your domain.
  • Uses the same address in the 'From:' header on every bulk mail you send
  • Has a valid SPF record
  • Signs with DKIM or Domain Keys

It would also be useful to see the bounce back headers. Pop them across to me via PM and I will be happy to take a look for you. (Please be aware link is external and we're not responsible for its contents. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos