Menu
ericg
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Orange flash

Hi All, I have an odd problem. When I am using Virginmedia email system (with an ntlworld address) an orange "block" maybe 2 inches by 1/2 inch occasionally appears at the bottom of the screen for a TINY fraction of a second then "slides" down out of sight. It may have slid up in the first place. It is almost as though "subliminal" messaging or advertising was taking place but I have no idea what (and it may or may not have text on it) I have scanned the system with Avast and with Malwarebytes but to no effect. Does anyone else suffer from this admittedly benign but mysterious problem?

ericg

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Orange flash

Yes - it's a simple message that tells you may have an issue with web mail. The one I have seen most frequently is "server problem" because that is what there is at the moment, an intermittent server problem. No need to worry. and it flashes so quickly because the problem comes and goes so quickly.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes - it's a simple message that tells you may have an issue with web mail. The one I have seen most frequently is "server problem" because that is what there is at the moment, an intermittent server problem. No need to worry. and it flashes so quickly because the problem comes and goes so quickly.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
ericg
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks HowardML
ericg
0 Kudos