Menu
JoSum
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Old ntl email address

Hope someone can help me. I have an old ntlworld email address that I would like to keep going. However, it is on the virgin media account associated with my previous matrimonial home. I am now in a new home with a new virginmedia account and I would like to 'import' that email address to my new account.

I have been using the email address without a problem for the last 2 1/2 years (presumably because the original vm account is still running) but in the last 2 days it has stopped working and says 'cannot verify account name or password'. I cannot access emails on the vm webmail as I don't have that email address associated with my own vm account!!

Hope that makes sense and hope someone has some answers!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old ntl email address

Yes I do.

You will have to phone this one in and do it quickly. Any transfer of address like this will wipe your existing account clean. 150, 0345 454 1111 - Broadband faults.

Judging by the error message the person remaining in the matrimonial home has closed the VM account. That means you only have a short window of opportunity to see if it is possible to do the transfer - and I warn you it may not be possible for various reasons. You will need the "old" account number if yu have it -if not the old address should help.

You can wait here for a Forum Team member to pick this up - but they have a backlog of up to 2 weeks. I'd phone in, if I were you.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
JoSum
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JoSum, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the time it's taken to reach your post. 

In order to do what you're asking, we will need to do a Move and Transfer. We can only do this if you are the account holder for both the accounts. If not, we will need the other account holder there to give permission to. 

Speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to complete this if you haven't already. 

Keep us posted on how things have gone.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos