Menu
djinntwo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Old email account sending spam

I recently had a letter from VM Internet Security telling me that an email account may have been sending spam. I had to reset my password to gain access to My Virgin Media. The specified email account is not listed under account management and so can't be deleted.

I moved house 18 months ago and had to have a new account at the time which then had my old account merged into it. I didn't keep any of the email accounts other than the main one so it suggests that there may be elements of the old account that haven't been cleaned up correctly.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old email account sending spam

It suggests just that. the Forum Team will pick this up and advise next week. They can get the account properly closed, if it hasn't been. One word of caution. The spamming won't stop even if they do close it successfully. The spoofers just want a plausible e-mail address to cover their tracks. Any old address will do. All that will happen is that you won't see any consequences of the spoofing.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old email account sending spam

Hi djinntwo, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with Spam. 

Please pop the details of the email address in question across to me via PM (purple Envelope, top right hand corner) and we can take it from there. 

Speak to you soon.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos