Menu
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OX blue thing in webmail?

Usually I get the red VM banner complete with the "infinity" logo when I check the webmail, but occasionally I get a blue banner with an "OX" logo. When the blue one is showing, the refreshed page (F5 or Ctrl+F5) will have the usual red banner.

Is this another glitch, and is it anything to worry about?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: OX blue thing in webmail?

SDC wrote:

Usually I get the red VM banner complete with the "infinity" logo when I check the webmail, but occasionally I get a blue banner with an "OX" logo. When the blue one is showing, the refreshed page (F5 or Ctrl+F5) will have the usual red banner.

Is this another glitch, and is it anything to worry about?

It is another glitch with VM webmail rather than anything malicious to worry about.  The blue screen you see with OX is the default sign in page for the webmail platform that VM use rather than the tailored one you should be directed to. 

SDC
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:

It is another glitch with VM webmail rather than anything malicious to worry about.  The blue screen you see with OX is the default sign in page for the webmail platform that VM use rather than the tailored one you should be directed to. 

Thanks for the explanation. Be aware, though, that I've never seen it on the "sign in" page, I see it after sign-in, sitting above my mails.

I'll grab a screenshot next time, if it'll be of any help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SDC wrote:

Graham_A wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. Be aware, though, that I've never seen it on the "sign in" page, I see it after sign-in, sitting above my mails.

That can happen when the webmail service is failing, so it loads in the default theme, which is the blue OX theme. I had it happen yesterday, first time in a while I've seen it.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SDC wrote:

Graham_A wrote:

I have a vague memory of seeing that a couple of times in the early days of this new webmail.  It is as if the system has lost access to the 'style template' and shows the default which is then restore by the refresh.  I have seen it recently, but I have had the blue sign in screen.