Menu
pf3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

OUTLOOK LINKED WITH VIRGIN EMAIL BUT MISSING INBOX OR SENT FOLDERS IN OUTLOOK

HI, I AM RUNNING MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2016 AND IT IS SUCCESSFULLY LINKED TO  GOOGLE MAIL AND OTHER MEDIA WITH NO PROBLEMS. I WANTED TO LINK IT TO MY VIRGIN MEDIA EMAIL ACCOUNT.  I FOLLOWED THE MANUAL STEPS AS INDICATED ON VIRGIN MEDIA FOR POP3 CONNECTION AND IT CONFIRMED CONNECTION SUCCESSFUL.

HOWEVER........ IN MY OUTLOOK OVERVIEW PAGE IT SHOWS THE USUAL HEADERS FOR THE MEDIA BUT BELOW IT THE USUAL FOLDERS ARE MISSING. IT IS MISSING THE INBOX FOLDER,  DRAFTS FOLDER, AND SENT ITEMS FOLDER.  IT ONLY SHOWS DELETED ITEMS, JUNK EMAIL AND SEARCH FOLDERS. I AM NOT GETTING ANY VIRGIN EMAILS EMAILS COMING THROUGH. ANY ADVICE?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
pf3
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: OUTLOOK LINKED WITH VIRGIN EMAIL BUT MISSING INBOX OR SENT FOLDERS IN OUTLOOK

GOT INFO FROM ANOTHER SOURCE. VIRGIN GIVE DIFFERING INSTRUCTIONS IN SOME WEB PAGES. THEY GIVE THE SSL PORT AS 995. IN FACT IT SHOULD BE 993. OUTLOOK NOW WORKING. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
pf3
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: OUTLOOK LINKED WITH VIRGIN EMAIL BUT MISSING INBOX OR SENT FOLDERS IN OUTLOOK

GOT INFO FROM ANOTHER SOURCE. VIRGIN GIVE DIFFERING INSTRUCTIONS IN SOME WEB PAGES. THEY GIVE THE SSL PORT AS 995. IN FACT IT SHOULD BE 993. OUTLOOK NOW WORKING. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My head is hurting from all the shouting in this thread.

However, VM help pages are clear and up to date. The port for POP3 connection is 995. The port for IMAP is 993.