Menu
NTLWorlduser
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld email problem

Something very strange is happening with my NTLworld webmail.

I regularly use the account to send myself emails as reminders of things to do or look at. This has worked without any problem for years. However, now when I send myself emails they go straight to my ‘SPAM’ folder. I have changed the SPAM settings to “Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to Inbox” but this hasn’t made any difference – although genuine SPAM messages are now being flagged in my inbox.

Worse still, emails that I am sending to other people from the account are now going to the SPAM folder instead of the ‘sent’ folder. Although the emails appear to have been sent because they have a time of sending in the top right hand corner, I am not sure that they are all actually being delivered to the recipient.  I know that some have because I have had responses, but I sent an email yesterday that never arrived with the recipient. Yesterday I sent an email that went to the ‘Drafts’ folder! Again I don’t know if it has actually been delivered to the recipient or not.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld email problem

Hello NTLWorlduser

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having a few problems with Webmail, I wonder what is going on.

It may be worth considering adding your email address to the contacts as normally this will stop it going to spam Using the Address Book in Virgin Media Mail

Not sure why sent emails are going to the Spam folder to be honest, do you have any filters set up at all Using Filters in Virgin Media Mail or perhaps you have a email app/client set up to use IMAP and that is moving things about?

Also may not be related but I wonder if it is worth trying another browser as perhaps the send button is not being actioned and hence ending up in drafts.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
NTLWorlduser
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for your reply. 

My email address is already in my contacts list.

I don't have any filters set up. 

Sorry, I don't know how to find out if I have an email app/client set up to use IMAP. Could you let me know please.

I haven't tried using another browser yet, but the send button is working at least some of the time.

Kim 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kim

Thanks for getting back,

Putting the email address in contacts works most of the time however not in your case it would seem, I wonder if it would be worth moving the genuine emails from spam to the inbox, over time this will help to train our filters.

An email client is a program and or app running on your PC or device that you can use to manage your emails rather than using Webmail. If you do not have a client already I actually wonder whether it is worth giving one a try as they can be much more friendlier to use than Webmail. Personally I use Thunderbird on my laptop at home, it also has a handy little add on to manage your reminders and calandar etc, the settings are here if you need them Using Virgin Media Mail with Mail Clients

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos