Menu
YvonneHay
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld email has suddenly stopped working on all devices

Hi 

I really hope someone can help me.  My Ntlworld account (which had been working perfectly until last Thursday) has suddenly stopped working on all of my devices stating that my password is incorrect.  I have not changed any of my settings.  When I try to log on to MyVirginMedia it doesn't like the password there either and although it will let me get to the change password page and allow me to choose a new password, it does not accept the new password when I subsequently try to log in.

I have checked all settings against on the Virgin Media page and all looks correct:-Publication1.jpg 

Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ntlworld email has suddenly stopped working on all devices

If you have a password that doesn't conform to VM's new requirements, it may be rejected even though it worked well for many years before the requirements were updated. It seems to be VM's way of arm-twisting users into updating to the new password requirements. Furthermore, if the primary account password doesn't meet the new criteria, access to all secondary accounts may be locked for security reasons.

If you have a live, paid-up VM Broadband account and your Primary email account password needs changing, go to https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn where there is a "Forgotten your password?" link. If you are asked any security questions such as "Mother's maiden name" or similar, and your usual responses get rejected, try entering your responses in UPPERCASE.

If you don't have a live, paid-up VM broadband account then you're pretty much stuffed. VM usually won't help unless you have broadband account.

If you manage to log in using your Primary email account details, you can change your Primary email account details at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view and you can change any Secondary email account details at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers

If you change your passwords online, don't forget that they need to be updated in your email client if you are using one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.

All Replies
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you have a password that doesn't conform to VM's new requirements, it may be rejected even though it worked well for many years before the requirements were updated. It seems to be VM's way of arm-twisting users into updating to the new password requirements. Furthermore, if the primary account password doesn't meet the new criteria, access to all secondary accounts may be locked for security reasons.

If you have a live, paid-up VM Broadband account and your Primary email account password needs changing, go to https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn where there is a "Forgotten your password?" link. If you are asked any security questions such as "Mother's maiden name" or similar, and your usual responses get rejected, try entering your responses in UPPERCASE.

If you don't have a live, paid-up VM broadband account then you're pretty much stuffed. VM usually won't help unless you have broadband account.

If you manage to log in using your Primary email account details, you can change your Primary email account details at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view and you can change any Secondary email account details at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers

If you change your passwords online, don't forget that they need to be updated in your email client if you are using one.

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It has been reported that some password changes can take a while to become fully effective. It might be worth waiting a while after any change.

0 Kudos
YvonneHay
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help - I finally managed to reset the password for the primary account and then reset the password for my email and I'm back in action!!!

Thanks again!
Highlighted
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad you're sorted, and thanks for the feedback.

0 Kudos