Menu
johnvmc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld.com email on iPad & iPhone

Am I the only person who wasted hours trying to get my iPad & iPhone (both up-to-date as of today - 5 March 2017) to work properly with my ntlworld.com email? For those reading who don't know, ntlworld.com was a previous incarnation of Virgin. In particular, my problem was sending emails rather than receiving them. Nothing I could find on various Virgin support sites seemed to adequately provide a clear guide to solving the issue. Surely Virginmedia recognises that many of it's customers have older email versions and use Apple products? Eventually I came across the site in the address shown below and it has worked - admittedly with a bit of to-ing and fro-ing. Hope this is of help.

http://solve.uk.com/blog.html/2013/11/02/how-to-setup-ntl-world-email-on-an-ipad/

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ntlworld.com email on iPad & iPhone

Funny. The Forum has beaten you to the chase - the nanswers you eeded were here all along:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Funny. The Forum has beaten you to the chase - the nanswers you eeded were here all along:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

While the article is essentially correct I would point out the following.

While imap.ntlworld.com and smtp.ntlworld.com had hiccoughs around the time the article was changed, the recommended settings are still currently

imap.ntlworld.com                   Port 993                  SSL on
smtp.ntlworld.com             Port 465                  SSL on

Although using imap.virginmedia.com and smtp.virginmedia.com with the same port settings does work for all four Virgin Media email domains.

Personally, I think the fact that the virginmedia.com servers work for all the domains could be used to simplify the recommended email settings.  Virgin could easily retire imap.ntlworld.com and smtp.ntlworld.com at some future date, without withdrawing the ntlworld.com email domains.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos