Menu
Kuma
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ntl email loading!

Hi

As per other users who seem to have been experiencing same! 

Email log in, taking long time to load with 'ntl' emails on PC also notice sometimes if replying directly to an email it either takes ages to load or not at all.  Other times I don't get the individual menus, ie: if I want to delete all emails in the spam folder or trash folder?

I tend to only use my PC for surfing, pictures, word & other basic uses, no games or such.

Thank you

Regards Kuma

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntl email loading!

Hello Kuma

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you have been having a few problems with Webmail. Sometimes it helps to delete the cookies on the browser or even try another browser, perhaps consider Firefox if you do not have it already.

I wonder if it is worth using a client such as Thunderbird instead of Webmail as that may be more friendly, if you do the settings may be found here Using Virgin Media Mail with Mail Clients

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Kuma
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola

I use google & don't have issues with a couple of other emails I use, yahoo, hotmail & never, until recently, had issues with the ntlworld.com address!  

This is the main one I use for secure official items & would like to continue to use.

I don't want to use Firefox & don't really want to go through the hassle of most likely having to download & set up, regardless of how easy it is, something like Thunderbird (although I am a great fan of the TV Series!!!). My cookies are disabled so pages are prevented from setting any.  

My computer is scanned regularly, de-fragged, cleaned & I also unplug to clear caches & let the router have a break.  

I would have thought Virgin would be able to look into this a bit more thoroughly especially for a long time (9yrs) customer.  Quite often I do get a message from Virgin when I try to log in, telling me there are issues, they're being worked on & my mail is unavailable so please try later, yet everything else seems fine?  

Any further advice/help appreciated but please note I'm not a computer geek so simplicity preferred!

Thank you & regards,   Kuma. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kuma

Thanks for getting back, what browser do you use by the way, we believe it should work on the latest version of Internet ExplorerFirefoxChrome or Safari

I notice that you mentioned your cookies are disabled, I guess you do not mean session cookies?

We do have some infrequent intermittent login in issues which we are investigating however it looks like you may have something else going on and as it only seems to be you then perhaps your browser PC etc is a good place to begin.

I do like Thunderbirds too but it has to be the original series for me, Brain's robot makes me laugh.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos