Menu
cheesed-off
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Notification message

I have both Gmail and Virginmedia.com accounts on my Samsung Galaxy, and for the past week I have been receiving a notification message saying, "Couldn't sign in" on my Virginmedia.com email.  It arrives every few minutes even though I delete the notification message, type in acceptance, even deleting the account and reloading it, all unsuccessful. It is irritating because I can send and receive without trouble.  Help please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Notification message

Hello cheesed-off

Welcome to our forum, it does sound like a bit of an annoying problem. As you say if you able to send emails successfully it would suggest the account and password are good, I have done some SMTP checks on your account from here and it seems to be working. I wonder if it is a problem with the phone as when I Googled it there seems to be a fair bit of activity. What app is it, is it worth trying another one.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
cheesed-off
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Not familiar with jargon on apps. I use something that has a large @ on it to access my Virginmedia.com emails and use the M symbol to access my Gmail a/c
so have the two running on my mobile. Absolutely no problems with Gmail. Just my Virginmedia.com emails which I keep forgetting family and business
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi cheesed-off,

I may be on the wrong track but would like to ask if you're certain the 'Couldn't sign-in' message is linked to your Android mail app (rather than Gmail)? The reason I ask is because it's possible that Gmail may be, in the background, trying to synch with other Google services and that message may indicate a failure to access those rather than webmail.

Would you please post a screen shot on here of the actual message  (edit out any personal data first though).

Thanks,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
cheesed-off
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jen

I am unable to attach using this website based app. My son took a picture of the offending message in question. Please advise how I can forward this to you. Do you have an email address please?

Sincere regards

Rita Fox
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rita Fox,

You can copy/paste the error and send to me via PM - just click on the purple envelope icon, top right of page > select Compose new message and put my name, Jen_A in the 'To' field. 

Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
cheesed-off
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Jen, notification message as below

Couldn't sign in

*******@virginmedia.com

Nothing else. 

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi cheesed-off,

Thanks for that though it doesn't really help, was hoping for more information in the error message I suppose. Nevermind, we'll work with what we have.

The email address that is referenced in that message (edited out by the Mods) - do you use that to access other Google services/apps (i.e. Google Play, Google Maps, Google +, Android pay etc)?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
cheesed-off
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

I use Gmail for my gmail account and also use Google to search the internet.  Is there another app that I should be using on my Samsung Android?

Regards

Rita

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rita,

No I wasn't suggesting you had to use an app. But I think it's likely that the error message may refer to a Google app or service that you use your VM email address to access. Can you think of anything that you use that address for?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos