Menu
warmbell
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Not used email since late 2015

Hi,

Due to being in hospital I have not used my virgin.net email. I believe that it has changed to virginmedia.com. The last email that was received at my virgin.net address was in January of this year. How do I go about getting any emails that there might be?

Thanks,

Gerald

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not used email since late 2015

I am sorry to hear about your hospitalisation. Do hope you are recovered.

I'm afraid you have a real issue here.

VM accounts that are not used for 90 days get suspended and deleted 60 days after that. Everything goes.

Equally if your @virgin.net account was one which was tied to Virgin Broadband down your phone line (transfererd to Talk Talk last year when VM gave up on this option) or was a very old account from the dial up days - both sets have or are in the process of being deleted. The first category went in June this year.

The only quick way to find out what may have happened to yours is to phone in. 150 from a VM line and free, 0345 454 1111 phone a non-VM line.

If you aren't a VM broadband customer just stay on the line and you'll be put through eventually and will have to answer security questions.

You can wait here for a Forum Team member to pick up the thread (up to two weeks) and help you.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not used email since late 2015

Hi Gerald,

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been ill and also that you have had trouble with your emails. 

I can see that HowardML has been helping you with this and he is correct, unfortunately it is possible that this email address has now been removed. 

I can take a look at this for you so we can know for sure either way. Please pop across the email address in question to me via PM (Purple Envelope, top right hand corner). 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos