Menu
Kym503
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving emails

I'm on holiday in Oz. I have had an ntlworld email account for years and years. It's all set up on my iPhone and has worked fine bothe in the U.K. And here in Oz when I'm on holiday.
Yesterday it all started to go wrong. I had a few issues with sending a couple of emails ... they would not send and I kept getting error message ' recepient was rejected by server' ( it's my colleague who'd I'd had not trouble previously mailing!)
Anyway I am now now receiving emails. My work sent several within the last 12 hours that haven't arrived. I sent myself a test email from my yahoo account and it took 20 mins to appear in my in box . Any ideas??
0 Kudos
muffmasterh
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving emails

Kym503 wrote:
I'm on holiday in Oz. I have had an ntlworld email account for years and years. It's all set up on my iPhone and has worked fine bothe in the U.K. And here in Oz when I'm on holiday.
Yesterday it all started to go wrong. I had a few issues with sending a couple of emails ... they would not send and I kept getting error message ' recepient was rejected by server' ( it's my colleague who'd I'd had not trouble previously mailing!)
Anyway I am now now receiving emails. My work sent several within the last 12 hours that haven't arrived. I sent myself a test email from my yahoo account and it took 20 mins to appear in my in box . Any ideas??

sadly we are all in the same boat if it helps, the matter was supposed to be resolved at 4pm yesterday, then 10pm then 10am today then 4pm today - not sure what the latest " estimate " is

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

'Any ideas?'

=========================

Stop using ISP email and get a Gmail or Outlook mail account that will work world-wide and is nearly 100% reliable!!!  ...ZVNK ...

Spookyville
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

6pm now although probably best not to hold your breath!

muffmasterh
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

zvonok wrote:

'Any ideas?'

=========================

Stop using ISP email and get a Gmail or Outlook mail account that will work world-wide and is nearly 100% reliable!!!  ...ZVNK ...

would have done that years ago were it not for the fact i would have to change my email address and the accompanying grief doing that will cause , once they have got you, they have got you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kym503

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having a few problems with emails. We have an ongoing fault that we are doing our best to resolve, please keep an eye on this thread for updates Email: Sending and Receiving 30/01/17

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos