Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
seayjay1958
Helpful Answer

Not connecting to pop3.blueyonder.co.uk

Hi

All of today I have not been able to connect to the pop3 server for blueyonder from Outlook. When I test the connection using Outlook it finds the server but cannot connect. It can however send through the smtp server. I can access my emails using the web interface ok. I have tried picking up my mail on my iPod touch also and it cannot connect either. I have also tried using my laptop ( Outlook Express), it cannot connect either. The settings on both my PCs ( Outlook and Outlook Express) and my iPod are correct and were working perfectly yesterday.

I am in Edinburgh. I have checked the service status and there is no indication of a fault.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
plex

Re: Not connecting to pop3.blueyonder.co.uk

Hi am having same problem have tried reseting password re keying details still no joy an virgin dont seem to be helping as system is showing as ok, this happened before & I just reset password & it worked so thought it was same problem. they must be doing some thing but just not telling us.:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
plex

Im in Dundee by the way

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
zxzach

Yes, I'm having the same problem - I can only collect mail from the webmail page, neither my netbook with OE or my iphone will connect. I'm in Halesowen near Birmingham.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
oraclejoker

[ Edited ]

ok i have had this issue for 2 days now, started on sunday. after ringing the infamous 151 customer care number numerous times and getting the recorded message all our representives are busy and this call may take 20 minutes to be answered and at about 20 mins and 30 secs the phone cuts off and i have to redail and try again. Eventually i get through to someone "Svarti" who proceeds to tell me that when it comes up with the logon box rather than typing your full primary email address as you would have done previously you have to type in the original email user name you had when you first went with blueyonder ie if #########@blueyonder.co.uk was the original email address you had you only type in the ######### in the username box then type in your normal password. and lo and behold it worked. they are obviously changing things over behind the scenes.

Hope this helped

EDIT: Removed personal information

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
oraclejoker

[ Edited ]

erhhh it was a fake address mr mod thought people needed to see that it was the original email username which is a mixture of number and letters and not your main email address ie fred.bloggs@ blueyonder.co.uk :smileyhappy: ( < fake too) :smileywink: 

Please use plain text.
Andy

Sorry about that, seen some very random email address's in my time :smileyhappy:

Andy
Moderation Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
seayjay1958

Thanks very much for that oraclejoker. It worked!!! Why on earth did the idiots not tell people this?? Why have they changed it?? Do they care?????????????

Answers and APOLOGIES on a postcard please from Virginmedia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
plex

[ Edited ]

Glad to hear that your email is working, unfortunately mine is still **bleep** even re keying original user name & changing password dam thing keeps asking for user name & password, think I will need to call 151 to see if they can shed some light on this :smileysad:

EDIT: Removed attempt at getting round filter

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
seayjay1958

I'm sorry to hear that plex. When I first tried, it I put in the  @blueyonder.co.uk bit and it didn't work. I went back to oraclejoker's post I realised I just needed the gobbledygook bit at the beginning of the original username and leave off @blueyonder.co.uk. Then it worked fine. My wife had the same problem with her email and this solved it for her too.  Good luck.

Again why did they not tell anyone???? It only potentially affects thousands of people!!???

Please use plain text.