Menu
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Not a robotrobotrobotrobot...

Never had a problem with this until today...

Signing in to a secondary webmail account, the username and password are correct, and I definitely answered the "not a robot" puzzles correctly, but it keeps sending me back to try again. Had nearly 10 tries this session. Any ideas?

robotloop.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 26 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Not a robotrobotrobotrobot...

LMAO!

As if by magic, it's now working.

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Clear your browser cache and cookies and try again.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Done. Browser is set to not cache anything anyway, but cleared it and the cookies all the same.

Just tried again, no joy.

It was working fine an hour or so ago when I accessed my primary address and another of my secondary addresses on the same laptop via webmail. Didn't need to prove my unrobotness when I checked those.

I have verified that the password is correctly filled by checking the dots using the "inspect element" routine in Firefox.

0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I will try a reboot.

Back soon!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Check with another browser. You should have a back-up browser installed for occasions like this. One of the users on this Forum also suggests trying the "audio"option when presented with the pics.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Rebooted, cleared cache, cleared cookies, different browser, no joy.

And now it's worse, the affected email address no longer appears in the username drop-down list (it did earlier when I grabbed the screenshot for the first post).

Are the VM code-manglers tinkering again?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Is the secondary email address listed in the Manage Accounts section of My Profile when you log into My Vrigin Media with the primary account?

It may need a password reset to refresh the password servers.

SDC
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:

Is the secondary email address listed in the Manage Accounts section of My Profile when you log into My Vrigin Media with the primary account?

Yes it is. Indeed, all of my accounts are in there.

They are also all saved correctly in my Firefox Saved Logins.

0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hang on, I think I've found the problem.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

SDC wrote:

Hang on, I think I've found the problem.

waits with baited breath to hear the next instalment ....