Menu
harrietsj
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No ntlworld email or log-in access

Since 22 December. I'm using two different devices. The password is not accepted on either of them. This has happened before, about a month ago, and I rang VM to get it resolved but this time I don't have access to a phone so I can't ring the CS. How can I get it sorted? (I've checked the pop/imap settings etc. All OK.) Incidentally, "email me when someone replies" is not particularly useful in this situation!

0 Kudos
harrietsj
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No ntlworld email or log-in access

No response. Perhaps I didn't give enough info. I'm trying to use webmail via Chrome on Windows 7 or via Android. I have half a dozen ntlworld email addresses. All stopped working suddenly. All had been working fine recently. Nothing was changedat this end. If i was at home i would pick up the phone but i'm not, so i can't. If i could contact VM it would be useful!
0 Kudos
harrietsj
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Some partial success - no thanks to VM. I managed to reset my password again and have some accounts back up but not all. Still getting "no access to server" alerts. No explanation as to why all my accounts were blocked in the first place.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi harrietsj,

Apologies for any lack of information provided you about this issue. I believe I know what is happening here, but shall need to check a few things with you first.

Have you received any communication, either via letter or text message, from our Email Security team?
If you have then the most likely scenario is that an email address you use has been used for sending spam. This is usually done by person or persons unknown who have somehow managed to obtain your email credentials. Malicious software on a pc or laptop or a dubious email attachment are the more common methods of achieving this.

I'll be happy to investigate this for you and shall send you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) in a moment. Please reply with the requested information and I'll do what I can to help.

Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos