Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 14 (250 Views)

No longer able to sign into Virgin email

Hi

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread - I'm unable to add to the existing thread.

My issue is that randomly, out of nowhere, I am unable to access my email, not through my usual mail programs on various devices, and not through webmail. I keep getting told that my sign-in details are wrong. But I have done nothing to change them. I've tried to reset the password but it won't recognise my username in the Virgin Media account. I'm stumped. 

Can anyone offer any suggestions? It's now Monday and I've been locked out for 5 days.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 14 (245 Views)

Re: No longer able to sign into Virgin email

Read this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

Are you a paying VM broadband customer? Answer that and we can take this further. If you aren't the game is over and your account is irretrieveable.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 14 (241 Views)

Many thanks for the reply, HowardML. I am indeed a full package Virgin customer. Broadband and telephone.

So, what to do next?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 14 (237 Views)

Good - you replied promptly. So thank you.

This is all a bit odd, especially the bit about not being able to change your password. Can you still log in to My Virginmedia which is where you find the facility to make password changes? If you can't let us know and I'll ask VM staff on this Forum to take a look at your account.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 14 (229 Views)

No, I can't. When I do the email address plus account number and area code, it says it doesn't recognise me. I am still writing this using my Virgin broadband, so my service hasn't been cut off, it's just the email. 

My only suspicion (which sounds paranoid) was that my account had been hacked and details changed from within, but that does sound somewhat far-fetched. Other than that, I'm baffled. This is the type of message I get on my iPad, iPhone, Mac, Windows laptop. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 14 (226 Views)

IMG_2621.PNG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 7 of 14 (212 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ModTeam

Can you take a look plse. Puzzling that the OP can't get into the forgotten password procedure. The paranoia about hacking is probably not justified but this is odd.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14 (192 Views)

Hi Ginlake,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read you are having an issue with signing into your email account.

I can certainly take a look into this for you and have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Superuser
Message 9 of 14 (173 Views)

@Ginlake

Please respond quickly to the private message. The sooner you do the sooner this will be resolved.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 14 (140 Views)

Thanks, HowardML

I was away from the computer for the rest of the day yesterday, but am back at it now and have responded to Sam's private message. Hopefully we can work out what the problem is. Fingers crossed, as I have 19 years worth of emails on the address that's stopped working!

All the best

Mark

0 Kudos