Menu
bensonrfo
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Virgin.net emails for 10 days

Have been a customer since 2005, currently fibre broadband. 10 days ago our virgin.net email accounts stopped working. It constantly asks for login details which haven't changed. We type them in correctly but just get chucked out. I read about the pop3 changes and tried changing the email settings in Outlook...no change, still doesn't work. Virgin will not speak to me because I cannot pass the security (none of our details have been changed). Noone available on webchat....ever. Anyone know what I can try?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Virgin.net emails for 10 days

Explain why you can't pass the security checks? Very odd.

Something you can try - change your account password in My Virginmedia - but keep the same password. Has been known to work wonders as it gets the VM password servers to resync.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
bensonrfo
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to reply

re the security issues <sigh> - we are a business but for reasons unknown our account is residential. When it was installed Virgin said it was the only way they could give us an account but that was years ago and I dont know the history of it all. Virgin will only 'speak to the account holder' who left years ago. I have given all the security answers she wrote down for me but they have not been accepted. I cannot get any further to change the account holder name or the security questions because they will only talk to the account holder! This has been going on for years.

I will try and change the password as you suggest as see if it makes any difference. We have 3 mailboxes here, two haven't worked for the past 2 weeks and the other is fine. The one that does work is the lead mailbox on the account so I don't know if that's why it is separated. We will inevitably end up leaving Virgin as a result of this, but it would be nice to be able to get the past 2 weeks emails before we go!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well I only wish you had told us the full story in the first place. We could have saved time and got things moving. It quite likely that these non-working addresses have been hit by VM's need to clean up what are called orphaned accounts and put them quietly to sleep. These are addresses not currently associated with a live broadband account.

I'll do what I can to get you access but no guarantees. This needs looking at by the @ForumTeam so this reply is also the referral to them. Be patient. Wait here for a further request for information.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
bensonrfo
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You are very kind. I appreciate your help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello bensonrfo

Welcome to our forum, it is so nice you managed to speak to Howard. Bit of a pickle this one, normally in this situation I would send you a forum private message to carry out some DPA checks and then discuss the mailboxes on the account however as you mentioned you are not the account holder so would be unable to pass them. Having spoken to Customer Services there are ways forward but all of them require you calling in and explaining the account ownership situation to them, the ownership has to be sorted out first. I am afraid it is not something we are allowed to do via the forum.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team