Menu
Leek
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New account mailbox unavailable

I've been a customer for for several years, but two weeks ago I attempted to create an email account for the first time.

Since creating it, I haven't been able to reach my mailbox once. When attempting to log in, there's a short delay and I get a message telling me an error has occured and to wait an hour. I waited a few weeks thinking it just took a while to set up, but nothing seems to have improved. I've tried both Firefox and Chrome and the same happens on both.

The account is brand new, so it shouldn't have been removed due to inactivity or anything. Was there just a problem upon creating it, or is something else the matter?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New account mailbox unavailable

Hi Leek,

We can't allow any personal information to be posted publicly which is why the Mods had to edit that part of your post. But I do have some information about the email address in question which I can't share publicly.

Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll take things from there.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Leek

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with a new mailbox. I have identified your account and it does not look like there are any new mailboxes setup. Did you set it up via My Virgin Media is it visible to you now?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Leek
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The email address I used to sign up to the forum is different from the one I've tried to set up the mailbox on

This is what I see on my account management:

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed as link revealed private information, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Leek,

We can't allow any personal information to be posted publicly which is why the Mods had to edit that part of your post. But I do have some information about the email address in question which I can't share publicly.

Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll take things from there.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

Leek
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's all sorted now, thanks to Jen_A Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos