Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 94 (67,031 Views)

New Changes to email by Virgin Media Mail

For email I use Mozilla Thunderbird. How will the new changes planned by Virgin Media Mail affect me? I previously used Outlook Express with Window XP and am now on Windows 8.1. It has taken this OAP ages to understand both 8.1 and then Thunderbird and I am not keen on starting again with a new program.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 2 of 94 (76,838 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Len99
‎28-08-2015 00:15

Re: New Changes to email by Virgin Media Mail

Hi Len 99 - The good news is hardly at all! The switch should be completely without implications if all you do is collect your e-mail on one PC by using Thunderbird. All the settings should remain basically the same. However if you use webmail at all then you'll see an improved interface and functionality.

Have a look here for more information.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/Your-Virgin-Media-Mail-is-changing/m-p/2851968#M201

Go to the web site mentioned in the article and read all about it.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 94 (76,839 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Len99
‎28-08-2015 00:15

Hi Len 99 - The good news is hardly at all! The switch should be completely without implications if all you do is collect your e-mail on one PC by using Thunderbird. All the settings should remain basically the same. However if you use webmail at all then you'll see an improved interface and functionality.

Have a look here for more information.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/Your-Virgin-Media-Mail-is-changing/m-p/2851968#M201

Go to the web site mentioned in the article and read all about it.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM.
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 94 (66,658 Views)

What about IMAP mail users, will IMAP be supported?
Superuser
Message 4 of 94 (66,655 Views)

yes the new system will support imap
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 94 (65,669 Views)

[ Edited ]

3 days ago i subscribed to Virgin's 50Mb broadband...I've been trying relentlessly to access my email for the first time to no avail...I keep getting this error:

Google Apps - Invalid Email

Invalid Email
We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later.

I've tried everything to rectify this problem....clear Cookies etc....different Browsers...changed passwords etc....all to no avail!!!...its driving me bonkers!! can anyone help me...thanks Lee Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 94 (65,233 Views)

Hi Lee,

Thanks for getting in touch, though frustrating problem with your email sign in by the sounds of things Smiley Sad

Looks like you're getting re-directed to a Google sign rather than Virgin, normally the clearing cookies/history or trying other browsers are both good options to get round this.

Try the link here http://email.virginmedia.com let us know if this helps.

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 94 (65,182 Views)

Hiya Ralph....nope ive tried pretty much everything apart from picking up and launching me pooter lol
Wise owl
Message 8 of 94 (65,080 Views)

Ralph_R wrote:

Hi Lee,

Thanks for getting in touch, though frustrating problem with your email sign in by the sounds of things Smiley Sad

Looks like you're getting re-directed to a Google sign rather than Virgin, normally the clearing cookies/history or trying other browsers are both good options to get round this.

Try the link here http://email.virginmedia.com let us know if this helps.

Kind Regards

That's pretty clear, considering nelsonn691 already posted a screenshot of a Google email logon screen. Why state the obvious?

Why not do something constructive and pass the problem to a section which can actually do something to resolve the issue instead?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and
I Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 94 (65,017 Views)

calm down happy!!....im kinda new to this....if you cant be nice say nothing!....anyway, have a nice day!Smiley Happy

Superuser
Message 10 of 94 (64,965 Views)

nelsonn691 wrote:

calm down happy!!....im kinda new to this....if you cant be nice say nothing!....anyway, have a nice day!Smiley Happy

Actually Solobo does make a good point here.  And I do expect better from @Ralph_R myself.

When you log in to Virgin Media Mail - you ultimately end up on the Gmail platform so any errors will often come up as Google errors.

I've had Invalid Email come up when I've had problems paying my bills in the past.

However if you are still a paying customer and are up to date with your bills then this will need raising up so that any potential issues with the backend connecting your account to Gmail can be rectified.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos