Menu
marklith
Joining in
Message 1 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Need to delete a website on freespace.virgin.net

Hi

I need to delete a website I built for someone several years ago on Freespace, but my login no longer works for the upload ft.  I tried the Selfcare but it doesn't recognise my login nor my credentials.

I can't find a telephone number to call or anyone to email on this - I have had no response on support@virgin.net

Meanwhile my friend has a business that has an outdated freespace site that we can't kill.

Where do I go next?

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_R
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to delete a website on freespace.virgin.net

Hi marklith,

Are you / were you a Virgin Media ADSL or cable customer when this webspace was created?

Regards,

Rose Rafferty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Amer_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marklith,

Do you still have an active monthly subscription virgin.net account? If so your credentials will work in self-care unless you have the wrong details at hand. You will need to call technical support on 0845 454 2222 option 3 then option 1 to double check your credentials (username/password) are correct.

If not then the account will have been deleted therefore your credentials will not work.

On a dial up connection your freespace will have been deleted if you have not used the virgin.net email address for 60 consecutive days. This should also have deleted the website.

Thanks

0 Kudos
paultervit
Joining in
Message 4 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I'm having the same problem. Someone I'm trying to help out setup a site years ago and no longer has a login or account with Virgin. But the site has not been closed. How do we arrange for this to be taken down?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ray_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hello paultervit,

Please confirm if your friend was a Virgin ADSL or cable customer.

Regards,

Ray Miranda

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

0 Kudos
paultervit
Joining in
Message 6 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Their not sure does it make a difference?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Paul_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi paultervit,

Would you PM me the url and I shall get this investigated.

Regards.

Paul Buchanan

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
0 Kudos
Helena
Joining in
Message 8 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am in the same situation - I used to be a virgin customer and need to delete the freespace http://freespace.virgin.net/helena.tudor/index.htm please can this be arranged?

Many thanks

H

0 Kudos
Paul_McD
Rising star
Message 9 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helena,

I have raised this to our IT team on ref P003765550.

It should be resolved in 5-7 working days.

Regards,

Paul McD

Cheers,

Paul McDonough Technical Strategist : Delivery Innovation. @Virginmedia
Personal tweets @guitaraholic
0 Kudos
pdw125
Joining in
Message 10 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi I also have issues and started a separate topic as I need to have freespace.virgin.net/Robin.hood removed as it's 8 years out of date !! What other information do I need to provide for this to be done..? Many thanks Peter Peter
0 Kudos