Menu
carol5-4
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

NTLworld email problems?

Hi all and Happy New Year!

Is anyone with a ntlworld.com email address having issues? I have not been receiving my 'routine' emails since before Christmas. I have a lot of spam coming through (even though marked as such on webmail) but not the routine ones I expect. I/we have 5 email address' ending with @ntlworld.com and this seems to be happening through all of them. As a matter of interest, my Twitter notifications on one of the ntl accounts is regularly coming through up to 3 days late...

Anyone else affected? Or any thoughts from the 'wise' will be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTLworld email problems?

Hello carol5-4

I am sorry you were having problems receiving emails. Always difficult to look back as an email platform is quite dynamic and we have made a few changes since the 5th Jan. Please would you bring us up to date, is it working okay at the moment.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
carol5-4
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Sadly, it is not working OK at the moment. I can only comment on my routine emails, as in stores I am signed up with,

and agencies such as The Highways Agency, they are still not coming through. I maybe missing untold personal emails of

which I cannot comment as to whether or not they are still missing Smiley Sad

Best,

Carol

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Carol

Thanks for the update, sorry you are still having problems. I am sorry if this has been covered before but please would you check that you have the spam folder enabled and then check it for the missing emails. Other than that would it be possible to contact the sender of the missing emails and check for bounce back messages as they may give us some idea of what is going on.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
carol5-4
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Yes, I can confirm that I have spam folder enabled and that I have checked in there (spam folder doesn't like to take notice when I mark

emails as spam anyway). I have asked various for feedback. Sadly because they are firms with high volumes there isn't a checker as such

they rely on their customer database to mark their emails as safe/add to address book. That seems to be as far as they go.

Which really doesn't help when things go wrong!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Carol

No of course, as you say adding to address book only helps if they are arriving in the first place. Thank you for asking for feedback although I appreciate it is a difficult thing to obtain but we need something to work on. If our platform configuration was blocking emails from a particular sender then that would tend to be picked up by everyone but that does not seem to be happening which makes me wonder if they are sending them. Anyway please keep us updated we will happily investigate once we have more information.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
carol5-4
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Nicola,

I am currently awaiting some response from M&S, Next and Denby.....I am a regular online customer, and I am subscribed to get emails,

especially around their respective Sale times ..... had none at all....although I am starting to receive emails from them

advertising their new ranges......strange! I have only mentioned those three, as they are what I consider to be the larger

online high street names.

I will keep you posted with any responses.

Best, Carol

carol5-4
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I know this is an old thread....but just had to let you all know.....this morning, 28 March 2017,

two 'missing' emails came through (from the same person), dated 2 April 2016.

I checked the message source and yes, 2 April 2016.......they do turn up eventually,

in this case, nearly on its first anniversary! Smiley Very Happy

On the pessimistic side......how many more are still missing?????

Just thought I would make you all smile! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos