Fresh as a Daisy
djh83004

NTLworld email account - I can't access my webmail anymore - WHY

I have neen unable to access my NTLworld email account via webmail for at least 3-4 weeks, all the previous links just take me back to a generic Vigin Media login page which just doesn't recoginise my login, password or even my email address - what has happened???

I use this account for work and need access to previous emails when working away ASAP

Please can someone help?? 

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

Re: NTLworld email account - I can't access my webmail anymore - WHY

1) quick and easy - try using www.mail2web.com

2) alternatively use a Hotmail or Gmail account to read your ntlword account

3) for full access to all folders use an email client (Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, etc) set to IMAP access, this will read all the folders including anything lost in spam, bin, etc. For settings see here

However, if method 1 or 2 do not at least read some of your email, I doubt an email client is going to work at all.

Emerging Talent
eipac

It's no longer supported by Virgin Media. No previous warning at all. Message I received plus my response.

This is the reply I have recently received.

Latest Message from Virgin Media. (finally a confirmation)

Hi eipac,

As you are now with BT and not a Virgin Media broadband customer you will no longer be able to access your old email account.

Regards,

Mike Jones

Help & Support Forum Team

This must have been known for a long time. Why has it taken so long to confirm this? Also, why couldn't VirginMedia given some sort of warning a few days before stopping access.  This has been going on for 2 weeks and only today has this notification been given.  I would also add that the reply is curt and without any apology, customer relationship obviously not a major concern with Virgin highlighted by the delay in information to numerous postings.

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

what happens if you try sending an email TO your afflicted account?

One to Watch
marksmyth63

I agree with you that Virgin Media have been very unprofessional in this matter and will lose lots of business.

I received a letter on Saturday morning saying sorry that you left us but would you like to come back. The deal was very good but why would I come back when they lock us out of email.

Disgusting is too mild a word too use and if the administrator reads this it will propbably get deleted for being slanderous.

Truth hurts admin!!!!!

Please use plain text.