Menu
DonnieJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

NTLworld e-mail not recognised on lap top

for a number of years I've had an ntlworld e-mail acount accessed through virgin, a few days ago, i could no longer access the account on my lap top, when trying to enter my suer name (ntlworld e-mail address is is no longer recognised. However, I can still use this e-mail account from my i-phone. Unfortunately, I have also forgotten my e-mail password and am not sure how I can go about getting this problem sorted, any ideas? I've had a look at some forums but still not sure how to proceed or who to contact. Help!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: NTLworld e-mail not recognised on lap top

You decide what to do after reading this advice.

VM e-mail accounts are only provided to people who have a current live, paid for VM broadband connection. Your VM address should have been closed and deleted 90 days after you terminated your contract with Virgin Media last year. A mobile account is not enough. I think VM have caught up with you and eventually you will find that nothing works. 

You can contact VM and ask them about access but you can tell what they will do - albeit with a further period of grace (perhaps) to allow you to recover your mail.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
DonnieJ
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I should point out that I have a mobile contract with Virgin and did have a contract with virgin media which I terminated a cyear ago when I moved, I contacted virgin mobile but no help what so ever
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You decide what to do after reading this advice.

VM e-mail accounts are only provided to people who have a current live, paid for VM broadband connection. Your VM address should have been closed and deleted 90 days after you terminated your contract with Virgin Media last year. A mobile account is not enough. I think VM have caught up with you and eventually you will find that nothing works. 

You can contact VM and ask them about access but you can tell what they will do - albeit with a further period of grace (perhaps) to allow you to recover your mail.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
DonnieJ
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just contacted VM and after speaking to 5 different operators, the answer is as a former Virgin Media customer, you get 4 months then thats it and they cannot (or will not) reactivate the account even for a short time. Oh well, lots of work to do now!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Donniej,

Sorry about this but glad you've found your way to our Forum for help.

Howard is correct in his advice, your email account, once untethered from an active broadband service, will (or should) cease to function after 90 days.

Sometimes these accounts slip under the radar as it were and may survive for longer. If they do then they could terminate at any point.

If the email address in question is the one that you registered on this Forum with, then you should still be able to access it via an email client or app. Access via webmail will not work.

But I would urge you to update all on your contact list with a new email address (preferably a free, non-ISP based account).

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos