Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
jegibson

Re: Help using an ntlworld.com email and the settings for an ipad 2 and iphone 3gs

Thank you

Would you expand on the advice below, where do I do this on ipad or virgin media account? 

you will have to set up the virgin media and set it to on and the ntlworld ( primary ) to off

it can take time wait also in the settings for email click on SHOW  and change to 200 messages

J

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
russellsmith

Re: Help using an ntlworld.com email and the settings for an ipad 2 and iphone 3gs

Hi J, it was late when I replied and I can see how its a bit confusing, OK, on the ipad go into the mail settings, if you have already added an account you will see under icloud your ntlworld mail account if so click on it, you will then get a new screen with your ntlworld email address with a > next to it click on this line and imap account information will open. Are you with me? . If so scroll to the bottom of this box till you see the outgoing mail server, in bold print you will see smtp with .ntlworld.com > if so the tap on it you will now see that the primary server is smtp.ntlworld.com you will also see add server tap on that and were it says host name type smtp.virginmedia.com then save this can take a few mins to register and may take more than one attempt once its done return to the previous screen turn off ntlworld primary and turn on  virginmedia and that's it. With regard to changing to 200 messages go back to mail contacts half way down you will see the word show tap it and change to 200 500 or 1000 this is how may email it will keep in total . And last log in to you ntlworld email via the virgin home page and delete as all you old email as they will may try to download to your ipad DO THIS REGULARLY

good luck

Russell

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
russellsmith

Re: NTLWorld emails on my iPad 2

Hi hope yhis helps works for me! OK, on the ipad go into the mail settings, if you have already added an account you will see under icloud your ntlworld mail account if so click on it, you will then get a new screen with your ntlworld email address with a > next to it click on this line and imap account information will open. Are you with me? . If so scroll to the bottom of this box till you see the outgoing mail server, in bold print you will see smtp with .ntlworld.com > if so the tap on it you will now see that the primary server is smtp.ntlworld.com you will also see add server tap on that and were it says host name type smtp.virginmedia.com then save this can take a few mins to register and may take more than one attempt once its done return to the previous screen turn off ntlworld primary and turn on virginmedia and that's it. With regard to changing to 200 messages go back to mail contacts half way down you will see the word show tap it and change to 200 500 or 1000 this is how may email it will keep in total . And last log in to you ntlworld email via the virgin home page and delete as all you old email as they will may try to download to your ipad DO THIS REGULARLY

good luck

Russell

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
jegibson

Thank you!

don't see the outgoing server just have icloud acount info and storage plan??  Am I in the wrong area?

sorry to be so dense!!

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
jegibson

Hi

Used your settings double checked detail but keep getting imap.virginmedia.com is not respoding?

Julie

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

jegibson wrote:

Hi

Used your settings double checked detail but keep getting imap.virginmedia.com is not respoding?

Julie

is IMAP enabled in webmail/settings ?

Fresh as a Daisy
jsprice

I managed to set up my iPad 2 to receive ntlworld emails, but it refuses to send any, either using wifi or 3G. Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Hi jsprice

Please work through the help article at this link

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=D17EDC87-5054-4143-90FD-AD7FADD8785A

and then post back if still experiencing problems.
Kind Regards,

Steve Brett
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
tmaycock

The workaround I found that did it for me was to create a dummy virginmedia email address with virgin media.  Then add this new email account to the iPad. This seems to work without any of the "verifying" hanging problem.

It's then a case of going into that newly created email account in the ipad and overwriting only the email addresses (and passwords if necessary, although its easier to keep them all the same) and changed the name your giving the mail account.

Final point, my @ntlworld.com email addresses were imap enabled.

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Amer_Z

Hi jsprice,

Has the advice given by Steve_Brett help to resolve your issue?

Amer_Z
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.