Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
NickArmitage

NTLWorld Webmail Not Working

I can no longer logon to my NTLWorld email account via the URL http://webmail.ntlworld.com. I have been able to do this for years and now it has suddenly stopped working. I know the account is still active because the last thing I did when I could login was forward all my email to my Gmail account and I am still getting messages forwarded to that account. I have been with NTLWorld and now Virgin Media for more than 15 years and have hundreds of important emails sitting in my old NTLWorld Inbox. I do not use my new Virgin Media email address. Nobody told me that NTLWorld email was going to be switched off. I am furious that I cannot access my emails via webmail.

Last night I spent an hour talking to three technical support people in India. The first couldn't help at all and just shoved me back on the queue. The second said he didn't have access to National Media customers and shoved me back on the queue.The third said that nobody could access the old email account as it had been switched off and could do nothing to help. It hasn't been switched. The email account is still working and somebody somewhere must be able to get it working. This is ridiculous. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Graham_A

Re: NTLWorld Webmail Not Working

Try following the instructions in this post: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Disabled-Email-Accounts/td-p/1335764

If I have solved your problem please click on the helpful answer button.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
NickArmitage

Thanks Graham. Are you saying that having phoned 150 and gone through option 2 last night, if I had said the magic words "DC01" then they would have changed their story and said the account could be re-activated? I find it incredible that I was told that NOTHING could be done just last night when this problem is well known and widespread.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Graham_A

From all the reports on here it seems to depend on whom you get to speak to.  It may be worth asking to speak to a supervisor if you are getting brushed off.

If I have solved your problem please click on the helpful answer button.
Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Colin_B

Hi NickArmitage,

I am sorry to hear your having problems with your ntlworld email address.

We would love to look into this further for you but we are hand tied here on the forums due to the Data Protection Act.

Have you managed to get through on 150 and get the issue properly addressed? If not please call in and quote DC01 to the agent.

If we haven't already then we look forward to speaking with you.

Kind regards,

Colin_B
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
NickArmitage

Hi Colin

Thanks for your concern and reminder. I tried again tonight and within 15 minutes, Louise had kindly updated the system and I'm told it should be working sometime tomorrow and all my accounts should be moved across (whatever that means). Fingers crossed it is actually working!!

Thanks to everyone for their help and support.

Nick

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Peter_Li

Hello NickArmitage,

Is your Webmail access working now?

Peter L
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
NickArmitage

Hi Peter

Yes it is - all back up and running and all my 6000 or so messages transferred over!!

Very happy :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for asking.

Cheers

Nick

Please use plain text.