Menu
Highlighted
Trudley
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

NFL.world email address not recognised

My partners email was working last night but it's now saying no longer recognised please help
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: NFL.world email address not recognised

Before looking at other causes can you confirm that the email address is linked to a current VM Broadband Account.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Trudley,

Thanks for getting back to me.

This situation is a little different to what I expected.  I shall explain:

We are able (once the necessary account holder permissions have been obtained) to transfer email addresses from one VM account to another.

However the below criteria is pertinent:

• The VM account the email addresses are transferred from must be inactive.
  • All of the email addresses on that account have to be transferred (not individual addresses).
  • The email address on the account that these are transferred to will be deleted/replaced.
  • Permission for this has to be obtained from both account holders.

We shall not be able to take the required action for you I'm sorry Smiley Sad 

However, all may not be lost. 
Today I have been dealing with a number of reports of email access problems via clients, where either the username or password seems to be erroneous. I feel that this may be behind your partner's issue. I shall deal with the other cases as best I can and see if we can treat yours effectively.

Having said that I feel it's of vital importance for your partner to set up a new email account that is under his control. A free, non-ISP, Internet based account would be best (Gmail, Yahoomail for instance).
Alternatively you could access My Virgin Media and set up a new address for him on your account (My Profile tab then Manage Accounts).

Kind wishes,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Before looking at other causes can you confirm that the email address is linked to a current VM Broadband Account.
Trudley
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It was Linked to his ex partners account but he's now moved in with me and I'm a VM customer. If this is the problem how can we link it to my account?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Trudley wrote:
It was Linked to his ex partners account but he's now moved in with me and I'm a VM customer. If this is the problem how can we link it to my account?

It may well be the problem, although, based on the number of recent posts with similar issues, there may be something else going on.

In these circumstances I think getting the address linked to your account would be problematic.  As I understand it it would require the ex partners account to be closed and if transferred the email address would replace any email addresses you already have on your account.  However, the Forum Staff should be able to give you the definitive answer.  It will take them a few days to get to this thread.

Trudley
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this
his email is used much more than mine so changing the email addresses on My VM account wouldn't be an issue.
I'll wait for the forum staff to get back to me it's so frustrating as there has been no notice so it worked last night then nothing this morning.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trudley,

I shall do my best to help with this. Graham has outlined what will need to happen and, if all parties are in agreement, I'll be happy to orchestrate the necessary account amendments.

I shall absolutely have to get the permission from all involved account holders first and have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) so arrangements can be made.

Please reply when you can and we'll move on from there.

Oh and I forgot to ask what your email address is and what your partner's email address is. Please add that information to your reply to my PM.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Trudley,

Thanks for getting back to me.

This situation is a little different to what I expected.  I shall explain:

We are able (once the necessary account holder permissions have been obtained) to transfer email addresses from one VM account to another.

However the below criteria is pertinent:

• The VM account the email addresses are transferred from must be inactive.
  • All of the email addresses on that account have to be transferred (not individual addresses).
  • The email address on the account that these are transferred to will be deleted/replaced.
  • Permission for this has to be obtained from both account holders.

We shall not be able to take the required action for you I'm sorry Smiley Sad 

However, all may not be lost. 
Today I have been dealing with a number of reports of email access problems via clients, where either the username or password seems to be erroneous. I feel that this may be behind your partner's issue. I shall deal with the other cases as best I can and see if we can treat yours effectively.

Having said that I feel it's of vital importance for your partner to set up a new email account that is under his control. A free, non-ISP, Internet based account would be best (Gmail, Yahoomail for instance).
Alternatively you could access My Virgin Media and set up a new address for him on your account (My Profile tab then Manage Accounts).

Kind wishes,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Trudley
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

He is in the process of starting up a new email account as we speak however he needs access to his old account to let everyone, who regularly sends emails to him, know his new address. Similarly he needs access to this account to locate their email addresses. It's driving him insane if the truth be known
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trudley,

The other client based issues I mentioned previously turned out to be unrelated. 

If email access is still a problem please let me know:

• What email client is being used
  • What error message is returned 

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos