Menu
Pollie
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My ntlworld email outgoing has not worked since 12 Feb. I am receiving email okay

Please can somebody advise what to do. I have all the correct imap etc set up!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My ntlworld email outgoing has not worked since 12 Feb. I am receiving email okay

Pollie - it is no use telling us that your settings are correct. Half the issue in resolving this is for those advising you to be sure that they are correct. So please tell us what they are. And if it is a sending failure then the SMTP settings are the ones we want as well as "incoming" IMAP.

Second - can you still send mail using VM web mail? What error messages are you seeing when try to send? What devices are you using that sending fails on?

It is good that you have come to the Forum for help. But the causes of this issue are many and we need more information to help us decide which issues to explore.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Pollie
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My ntlworld email outgoing has not worked since 12 Feb. I am receiving email okay

Thank you for your response.

The problem is on my ipad pro. I do not use VM web mail for my email very often so have not tried it on there. 

My settings are as follows:

Incoming Mail Server

Host Name: imap.ntlworld.com

Incoming Settings

Use SSL

Authentication Password

IMAP Path Prefix /

Server Port 993

Outgoing mail server smtp.virginmedia.com

Host Name smtp.virginmedia.com

Use SSL

Authentication Password

Server Port 465

Hope this is now enough information

0 Kudos
Pollie
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email via VM webpage does not work at all. I try to compose a new email and it just 'hangs'!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is one question I always forget to ask first time round. You are a paying VM broadband customer, aren't you? Im assuming "yes" and answering on that basis.

Your settings are apparently fine. Apple devices have nasty habit of losing their settings or suddenly just stopping working for no reason. The other thing is we tend not to get error messages or, if we do, error messages that are not exactly informative. Have you seen any error messages? What are they? Also please try web mail. That is an important diagnostic. It's probably a pain for you but it would help.

You've got some work to do, after you have tried web mail and reported back. You'll need to follow this guidance to reset the account and the SMTP settings and password.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos