Menu
colinandclare
Joining in
Message 1 of 55
Flag for a moderator

My ntlworld email has stopped working on apple mail (and ipad and phones) but works on webmail

Since I was upgraded to the new email, my apple mail has stopped working.  My email works on webmail, but not on apple.  It tells me my username and or password is not recognised. I have changed my email password, but it will not work on either new or old one. (Tells me Mail can't connect to the account "Ntlworld" and to enter password) Enter password and same message appears.  Can anyone help please ?  I can no longer connect to email on either ipad, samsung tablet or microsoft phone.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 48 of 55
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My ntlworld email has stopped working on apple mail (and ipad and phones) but works on webmail

Hi colinandclare,

All done!

Please ensure that you can login to both webmail and My Virgin Media, same password for both.

Once you've ascertained that access for those is working you can retry your client.

If you've any problems let me know and I'll sort it out.

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos

All Replies
donford
Superfast
Message 2 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: My ntlworld email has stopped working on apple mail (and ipad and phones) but works on webmail

Apple devices can be difficult to changes, I have always found deleting the account and then re-entering the details always solves the problem.

0 Kudos
colinandclare
Joining in
Message 3 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Tried with iPad with both old and new password.  Message says username or password for IMAP.ntlworld is incorrect.

0 Kudos
ChrisNoble
Dialled in
Message 4 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Just checking - you said

Message says username or password for IMAP.ntlworld is incorrect.

You are trying imap.ntlworld.com - yes?

0 Kudos
colinandclare
Joining in
Message 5 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I am sure I am.  On the iPad I attempt to create new account. Put in username and password, it attempts to create then says username or password is incorrect.  IMAP is highlighted at top. POP is the other option. If I then highlight POP, edit details as per virginmedia website with recommended settings, using old or new password it tells me username or password is incorrect. Thanks for your continuing efforts people, I hope I am making sense with my replies, but am not hugely technical.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Si_Co
Joining in
Message 6 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue. Since Monday mail IMAP ntlworld email stopped working on iPhone and iPad.

I've had issues before, deleted and re-entered the account and it's been fine.

Not this time - now I can't add the account as it tells me:

"Cannot Get Mail - The username or password for "imap.ntlworld.com" is incorrect. Unfortunately I have no idea what else to try as I am using the same email address and password that is successfully signing into web-mail (definitely no typos).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 55
Flag for a moderator

donford wrote:

Apple devices can be difficult to changes, I have always found deleting the account and then re-entering the details always solves the problem.

Not that difficult perhaps but due to past upgrade issues I tend to use both POP and IMAP (on same accounts for some) as safety net for exactly these sorts of scenarios and have had to change port /SSL /authentication profile in the past but not this time. 

This GOOGLE>OX migration seems to have worked fairly well on AppleMail Version 7.3 (1878.6) with only some delay (a few hours) on some of the 12 email ID's currently migrated (out of 15) while authentication details have had to be completed during the migration.(that may cause the errors some see)?

Worth checking via Webmail for the "vmemailmigration" confirmation (email) first and then allowing say a couple of hours or a day max before checking the AM client? My configuration remained unchanged and FWIW here's my IMAP and POP  sample details which remained the same before and after migration:

IMAP: 

Spoiler

Screenshot 2015-09-29 10.39.06.png

Screenshot 2015-09-29 10.33.26.png

POP:

Spoiler

Screenshot 2015-09-29 10.33.01.png

Screenshot 2015-09-29 10.33.46.png

that might help some here.....   or just confuse more? Smiley Tongue

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
tc12
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I am having same problems, it works intermittently. First thing this morning emails came through ok on iPad, then a few hours later tried to refresh email screen and it said the password or user name was incorrect? This has been happening for the last few days.  I have deleted the account and set it up again and same problems?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 55
Flag for a moderator

tc12 wrote:

I am having same problems, it works intermittently. First thing this morning emails came through ok on iPad, then a few hours later tried to refresh email screen and it said the password or user name was incorrect? This has been happening for the last few days.  I have deleted the account and set it up again and same problems?

There is an open fault Reference no: F003915879   which may be contributing/causing those symptoms - check your area Service Status?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
colinandclare
Joining in
Message 10 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Still not working.  Is there anyone monitoring this from Virgin who can help please.  Thank you

0 Kudos