Menu
warrenbrier
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

My homepage.ntlworld.com/ is not working ? "Is it down for maintanance"

Hi my  homepage.ntlworld.com/ on my webspace is not working and has been down now for 3 days ? .... could you look into it for me please has I have my website hosted on there and photos.

The website URL is:  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/thecoffindodger/leedstek/index.html

Regards

Warren

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: My homepage.ntlworld.com/ is not working ? "Is it down for maintanance"

Hi Warren

I guess you missed this announcement:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News-and-events/Smartcall-Virgin-Media-Cloud-and-Webspace-closur...

You should have received a letter back in March telling you about the web space closure.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

brantome
Dialled in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I guess I missed the announcement too - I didn't get such a letter (nor email) either. Not a happy bunny at all...
0 Kudos
OrdosAlpha
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Didn't get any letter or an e-mail about the web space closure either, and I've now lost roughly 40 MBs of files I didn't have backed up anywhere else thanks to VM's incompetence. They send plenty of e-mails about crap I've got no interest in though, but not an e-mail about the termination of services that were part of our subscription. Thanks, VM!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm guessing you don't read the Computing press either.  ComputerActive ran an article about it several weeks ago as well.

I'm going to flag this thread up to the Forum Team, Users who were actively using Webspace should have gotten a letter.  Indeed there have been threads by other users that show these letters were sent out.  I know I definitely got one.  So I'm not sure why you guys didn't.

There was also this long running thread started in March

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email-Cloud-and-webspace/Webspace-Closure-Website-closing-down/m...

The servers have only just been taken down this week, over a full month after the service was slated to close.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I'll do my best to find out what's happened and if there's anything we can do - I believe we should have contacted everyone who has used their webspace by email and / or letter a few months ago.

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

brantome
Dialled in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, James. As an active user of my web space and with my background in IT, I'm sure this would have raised a fflag for me to do something if I had received notification. Many thanks

0 Kudos
brantome
Dialled in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

ravenstar68 wrote:

I'm guessing you don't read the Computing press either.  ComputerActive ran an article about it several weeks ago as well.

Correct. After almost 40 years in IT, I thought I'd read enough of it Smiley Wink

warrenbrier
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi  thanks everyone, I never seen a letter or email from virgin ? Then again im a busy man and don't have time to read all the spam and add emails that virgin send me every week ! .... i have had my website on there for 14 years now from when it was N.T.L "Nice move virgin" !! Take something away that peaple have enjoyed using for 14 years ?  Whos the brightspark that came up with that great idea ... DoH !

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi @warrenbrier

We've been able to check our records, and it's we've been able to identify that a letter was sent to you in either the week commencing 7th or 14th of March, while an email was sent on 29th March.

I'm really sorry that  you have lost your webspace unexpectedly - but we have made our best efforts to let everyone know in plenty of time.

Best wishes.

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide