Menu
FrankieBeee
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My email address no longer exists some of the time!

Important emails are being sent to me but the sender is getting their meail back telling them that my email no longer exists.

This is becoming critical, particularly as I've just signed up for a new 12 month contract with virgin for a new bundle and this happens.

My emails haven't been reliable for the past week or so.

0 Kudos
scouser73
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My email address no longer exists some of the time!

Hi FrankieBee I'd suggest that you create a new email account with the likes of Gmail or Outlook and use that until whatever problem with Virgin email is fixed.
Regards,

scouser73

152 Mbp/s Broadband - Windows 10 [Home] -
Ubuntu 17.10 - SuperHub 3.0 - Nokia 5
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To be honest the problems with the VM email system will probably never be fixed. There are many posts on this forum which highlight the failings, of which there are many, of the current VM email offering.

VM have recently started suggesting that VM email is an "added value" and free service (although their Terms and Conditions do not seem to support this stance as yet), and as such is unsupported is a warning sign in itself. (VM's current Fair Usage Policy seems to contradict this as it states:

3.4. Users are expected and required to review email messages in their primary Virgin Media mailbox provided as part of the services or the preferred email address registered with Virgin Media on a regular basis. This is to enable us to advise you of any significant issues that may affect your use of the services. We recommend that you check your primary Virgin Media mailbox or preferred email address at least every 3 days. We normally notify customers of AUP-related issues prior to suspension/disconnection of services and it is important that you read these emails.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/acceptable-use-policy.html

That being the case, the best and only option is to set up an ISP independent email account which actually works.

Don't rely on an ISP provided email service, especially one which is provided by VM.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
FrankieBeee
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

such a shame to use another email address as I've had this one like forever and I regularly forget to look at my gmail account one. Everything I have is set up with the VM address.

I can't believe after all these years of it being relatively trouble free its now so bad

0 Kudos