Menu
buzzby
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My e-mail passwords

I have 2 e-mail addresses on ntlworld.com on my partners account. I do not know my passwords. They exist in windows live mail but I cannot use them in web mail, only in the windows live mail which will not disclose them. Can anyone help me please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My e-mail passwords

As I see it you have two options:

either ask your partner if they know the passwords

or if they don't then ask them to log into the primary account in My Virgin Media, https://my.virginmedia.com/ and change the passwords for you.  Once you know the password you can then change it to something else if you wanted to, also via My Virgin Media.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

buzzby
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham. I still have a problem. The virgin media mail addresses belong to my partners daughters boyfriend who is long gone from the scene. I cannot change it. They are fixed.  Perhaps if I get my partner, a/c holder to ask VM to delete the e-mail addys.

Although I have 2 working e-mail addys I cant find them anywhere. TIA.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi buzzby, 

Thanks for getting in touch I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble accessing your email accounts. 

If you are no longer in contact with the account holder of the email addresses then you are unlikely to re-gain access to them as only the account holder can request that the email address passwords be changed. 

Apologies for this. 

If you can get in contact with the account holder then they should be able to disable the accounts or have the passwords changed for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
buzzby
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you everyone for your help. I have since found from careful searching, Mail passview from nirsoft.net.I was pretty careful before I ran it. It works great, giving me every detail of my mail a/c's I could ever need. Thanks again. Buzzby
0 Kudos