Menu
e_p
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin.net emails have all disappeared!!! Please help!

Hi everyone! I am posting for the first time as I have spent hours on the phone to Virgins tech support in India with no success. Maybe i shoudl have posted here first!!

I have had a @virgin.net email address for at least 15 years. I have had lots of problems sendign emails recently. I called Virgin support, and over a few hours they changed my password and log in to using a @clownz.com email address.  Using this address and new password I could access my emails via webmail. On friday i rang them again and they switched the log in back to my virgin.net email (and new password) but all my emails have disappeared.

In the email settings of the webmail, my email address doesnt appear, but a @ntlworld one?!!?!

I see the virgin.net emials are beign removed, is this what has happened?  If so, surely i can get my emails back even if I can't send or receive any more.

Happy to give more detail, but my entire emaill history has been deleted!!! pLease help!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My Virgin.net emails have all disappeared!!! Please help!

Hello e_p

Thanks for getting back, our 2nd line broadband team are already dealing with this issue. We are currently waiting for our IT team to do some work and then we will hopefully transfer the mailbox to your broadband account. The 2nd line team will be in contact once complete.

Previously it looks like the agent may have got confused and tried to give you "My Virgin media" access by setting up a @clownz.com email address. Although no doubt well intentioned this should not have happened, I have fed it back. Please accept our apologies. As I say when our 2nd line team complete the transfer and contact you please discuss My Virgin media access with them. 

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team

All Replies
whyowhyowhy
Up to speed
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

What exactly is @clownz.com?  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I suspect that your @virgin.net address has gone for good; caught up in the current VM purge of accounts - and when its gone, its gone:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-not-working/td-p/3238381

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
e_p
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

but I am a VM broadband customer! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Fine, so long as the account is associated with your broadband subscription it shouldn't be a problem. The account would not have been closed. I think you'll either need to phone in again if you can't wait or wait here for a Forum Team member to pick up on the thread and check your account for you. You might prefer to try again during UK working hours and get the UK call centres. I suspect you got one of the overseas ones. Not always as clued up as they should be.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
e_p
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

pleasse can a forum moderator help me? i have already spent hours on the phone!!!  i keep getting an Indian number, i dont know the Uk one

thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The Moderators are there to police the forum and make sure posts adhere to the guidelines.

The Forum Team on the other hand will help but it has been taking up to 7 days for them to get round to posts lately

Like whyowhyowh I'm a little confused as to the reference clownz.com email address in the first post.
One thought of mine was this

Does the virgin.net email address pre-date you joining as a Virgin Broadband customer?  Many of these were from the old days of dial up.

If you signed up to NTL for example and kept the virgin.net email address.  The virgin address would not have been linked to your broadband account and thus would have become an orphan account after dial up ceased.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

And for the befit of you (e_p) and others calls are allocated to the call centre free to take one whether that is in the UK or abroad. There is but a single access number. You are more likely to get a UK call centre during UK business hours. That is it.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
e_p
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

the .net email was from the days of dial up.

clownz.com was a temporary log in to my account aset up over the phoen by a virgin staff member in India.  I was suprised, but using it I coudl log into my email and they were all there. It also said it was me in the profile. 

surely my emails are backed up somewhere, even if I can no longer use the address?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If the address is still live on the system then your e-mails are safe. If the address has been deleted as an orphaned account then the contents are gone for ever. VM do not back-up on this basis. And the more frequently you post, the longer it will take for the VM Forum Team to reach you. You just get bumped to the back of the queue because posts are dealt with in strict date order.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos