Menu
Fatman7786
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My Profile not working

Hi

I have been trying to access MYPROFILE on the master account for 2 days to do some email password admin as one of our email addresses seems to have had an unknown change of password.

Every time I try to click on it I get an oops that page isn't working, please try later message. When I call customer services I am confronted with a security question which also seems to have been changed. If I try lost my password online, it doesn't accept security info. Customer services wont help as security info isn't correct

When will My profile be up and running again as this is just one address that isn't working.the rest of our addresses are all fine and dandy

Thanks

0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Profile not working

Fatman7786 wrote:... If I try lost my password online, it doesn't accept security info...

When trying to change your password online at https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password, try entering your answers to security questions in UPPERCASE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
Fatman7786
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Unfortunately no luck. Still no access
0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Presumably you do have live, paid for, VM broadband account. Is there anything in the sticky post at the following link that applies in your case?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
Fatman7786
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yep fully paid up Broadband full fat, TV Full fat Home phone and Mobile. We have several emails all working no issue. this email has been working fine until 3 days ago when it stopped being able to be signed in to. I tried to access via the master account, which is working. The MY PROFILE link is not working. If it was I think my issue could be resolved
0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Fatman7786 wrote:
The MY PROFILE link is not working. If it was I think my issue could be resolved

Any chance of posting a screenshot? If so, make sure that you edit out any personal etc info.

0 Kudos
Fatman7786
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hope this helps

Screenshot (1).png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Looks like something up with the servers that contain your account details. A job for the VM IT team. Wait here for the Forum Team to pick up the thread in the next few days and get the ball rolling. Or you can phone in and see if the phone agents are savvy to get things rolling for you. Personally I'd wait.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Fatman7786
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Howard.

A long trawl of the forum seems to suggest that this is a long known about and ongoing problem, since at lease 2015. Something to do with account configuration. The phone team are useless, apparently, as I am not the main account holder, I have to get the wife to sign a lasting power of attorney in order to talk about an account I have been registered on and which gets paid from my bank account for the last 15 years even though the records show my virgin mobile as te main contact number and the have confirmed my name is on the account

They can of course talk to the Mrs who has less than no knowledge about the account and will sit asking me answers to the security info, which may have been compromised on her Email only.Only I have the security answers, which are changed???? . 

I have been with Virgin since the universal artists days but am getting to the end of my tether now. I fear It may be time to move everything to another provider.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fatman7786, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your profile. 

I will be happy to take a look at this for you. 

I will pop you a PM to discuss this further. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide