Menu
hyperviper55
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 291
Flag for a moderator

Multiple spam emails

Today out of the blue I started to receive multiple spam emails, like over 600 of them. They are M&S or McDonald's, Amazon or Tesco vouchers and each mail is duplicated around 35 times.

I have tried filtering via spam on webmail ( and it takes ages to log in ) but nothing is working.

It's a blueyonder email and I do get duplicates but only usually 2 of everything, which I can deal with.

Any suggestions?
frankblack15
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 291
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multiple spam emails

I have the same problem. Also a blueyonder email user.

From my Android phone I try blocking the domain but it's not catching any subdomains.

From the Web I don't see any Filter or Spam options under settings. I would like to write a rule to junk all emails from an address ending in 4f.static.xlhost.com.

This new Virgin email system seems very poor.
frankblack15
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 291
Flag for a moderator

I have had about 40 spam and phishing emails today and I'm getting very **bleep** off.

I try registering on this forum and it tells me my blueyonder email address is not a valid email address....
Grosso2006
Tuning in
Message 4 of 291
Flag for a moderator

First time poster. Felt I had to come on here and vent my anger at the amount of spam coming through in the last week since the "email switch". Both my wife and I have ntlworld addresses. When emails were on the google platform we received one spam a week tops - now it is up to 15 a day. Get it sorted Virgin!

CountyGirl
Tuning in
Message 5 of 291
Flag for a moderator

Me too. First post and an ntlworld email address. Getting overwhelmed by the amount of spam emails coming through since the switch over. The 'mark as spam' function doesn't seem to be working and the filter is clearly not fit for purpose yet. Hoping that this gets sorted soon!

aquatarkus
Tuning in
Message 6 of 291
Flag for a moderator

Having same issue, about 40 or 50 emails a day since the changeover. i mark them as spam and then permanently delete 5 minutes later the same emails are back in my inbox.

What the bloody hell are you messing around at Virgin Media maybe you should test new software before actually releasing it.

Bunch of amateurs.  

hyperviper55
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 291
Flag for a moderator

Well I thought I had stopped it but alas no, I got another 60 emails this morning for a Tesco gift card.

Is anyone from VM going to comment?

I'm not happy about having to delete 600 spam emails in one day, I've had this email account for 15 years or so and now all of a sudden it had a spam attack just as you migrate your servers?
hyperviper55
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 291
Flag for a moderator

The rule is the key, there needs to be a specific rule applied to the filter to block the host

Searching for words and phrases don't help as these change but the host will usually remain.

VM - are there any plans to implement this on your spam filters???????
hyperviper55
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 291
Flag for a moderator

By the way this post is not answered as its my fault I marked as a helpful answer not realising that it would complete the thread....
frankblack15
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 291
Flag for a moderator

I went onto WebMail this morning using a PC rather than my phone and found the Spam and Filter options.

I added a filter rule to dispose of any emails where the from/sender contained that spam domain.

I did get a Tesco spam message half an hour later but so far nothing since.

Looks like Web mail is useless to operate from a mobile as it gives you a subset of options in Settings menu.