One to Watch
TC_13

Messages stuck in my outbox

I have an ntlworld email address and use Windows Mail. I had to change from POP3 to IMAP due to constant problems and all then worked well (except for the flood of junk mail) for a while. Now for the last two days most of the messages I send gets stuck in the outbox and will not leave - a few do get sent but I was not aware of any differences when I wrote and tried to send them - there seems to be no consistent common factors, eg whether a new message or replying, whether attachments or not. I am receiving messages as far as I know although of course I wouldnt know if everything is getting through.

PLEASE can someone help. I need to send some important stuff out.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
AMWSmith

Re: Messages stuck in my outbox

what error does it give you when you Send and Recieve.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
TC_13

Error message says: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Re: Re:', Account: 'imap.virginmedia.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Please use plain text.
Superuser
AMWSmith

try using smtp.virginmedia.com as you outgoing SMTP server.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Doctor9fan

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem although the next morning the messages are sent, then later in the day I find I can't send again, am already using the @virginmedia.com settings. This began a few days ago, it's also only seems to be happening on certain accounts.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
TC_13

Just the same for me - I've just been out and on my return some of the messages have been sent but not all. I find that changing settings (and I'll try the suggested change) works for a few weeks and then everything goes pear shaped again. I'm sure its when Virgin change something their end as it never co-incides with me having changed any setting.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
TC_13

It seems to be sending again after changing but then when I returned home after being out the messages sent early this morning had all been sent. I remember changing to virginmedia before but then having to change back again but cant remember why.

I am still getting another error message (rather long and for some reason I cant screen print and paste into this):

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible reasons for this include server problems, network problems or a long period of inactivity [I usually get this message when I am in the middle of doing something so it is not due to inactivity] etc etc. The details are:

Account:imap.virginmedia.com

Server:imap.ntlworld.com

username:****@ntlworld.com

protocol:IMAP

Port:993

Secure:smileysad:SSL):1

Code:800ccc0f

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Doctor9fan

I forgot to add that I'm using pop3 rather than imap & Windows Live mail.

Please use plain text.
ezy
Crafty
ezy

im getting the same problem, all of a sudden,   emails will not send first time from windows live...  i havent changed anything,  but they will eventually go, hours later and several "send email" button presses... 

i did turn nortonIS2012 email scan outgoing "off" and they went straight away when i tried todays emails that have sat "error" state all day...

so something has changed either at norton or with VM  as I have done nothing.

Please use plain text.
Crafty
drofnud

Me too. Only started a couple of days ago. Absolutely nothing changed this end so presume there is a fault at Virgin end. Always comforting to see others with the same dilemma. Really helpful if someone can sort this asap.

Please use plain text.