Menu
stevepsandy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Managing email Accounts

OK, here goes - As a long term VM customer, I have used their email system through thivk and thin, including their disastrous relationship with googlemail, when they were using GM's transport protocols. Thankfully they have restored an 'in-house service' that seemed to work OK.

However, and this has always been an issue, the maximum email accounts has been limited to 10. In the 'good old days' of NTL, I had at one time 15 (yes, these were all used for specific purposes that did NOT include spamming activities). When VM imposed the 10 limit, I was allowed to keep my extras and all was OK for a time. Then there was a series of emailing service problems (the message was always 'our engineers are working to fix it' etc - even when they were using googlemail protocols and it was up to Google engineers to fix it). With some regret and because I really did need additional email addresses, I eventually moved all my email accounts to a private server and have been very happy using that since.

Now however, when trying to access the redundant VM email accounts, either through my accounts profile or my apps list, I get the same:

Oops, something's broken We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon.

Other parts of the site might be working as normal, so try using the links below to help you find what you want.

None of the supplied links however, lead to where I want to go. 

This has been going on for weeks now and all I really want to do is remove all the redundant email accounts from my list. Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Managing email Accounts

Sounds like you have not accessed these accounts for a long time.

Are you aware of this - 

If an email account is not accessed for 90 days it is suspended, after a further 60 days the mailbox is deleted.  This was a change to the T&C's made in 2014: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/Virgin-Media-Mail-Changes-September-2014/m-p/24808...

stevepsandy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BillC45 wrote:

Sounds like you have not accessed these accounts for a long time.

Are you aware of this - 

If an email account is not accessed for 90 days it is suspended, after a further 60 days the mailbox is deleted.  This was a change to the T&C's made in 2014: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/Virgin-Media-Mail-Changes-September-2014/m-p/24808...

Hello Bill 

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully they have messed this up as well. There appears to be work going on in the email system right now and access is problematical even for my primary account email - which had loads of spam in (over 1500) the spam box, which I was able to delete today. Anywat, assuming that all the old email accounts have gone the now worries, as I won't be using them again.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

One of the Forum Team should pick up this thread in a few days time. They should ask you for the names of the redundant accounts (via private message) and check if any are still active.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevepsandy,

As per BillC45's suggestion I shall be happy to check the status of your email addresses on our systems. 

Please send me a list of email addresses that you expect to have but don't post them publicly. Hover over my picture and click on 'Send Message' so the information is delivered to me privately.

I'll find out what's happening and shall get back to you as soon as I can.

Many thanks, 

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos