Menu
HalcyonL
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mail settings Windows 10

I activated Mail in Windows 10 and am now being bombarded with messages  many times a day telling me that my account settings are out of date.  When I try to fix this and confirm my passwords (I have an ntl address and a virgin one) it appears to accept the information and say it is fixed. However witin minutes the notifications start again. How can I stop this please? I have had 5 of these messages in the last minute!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mail settings Windows 10

Ignore it. The issue is with win 10 mail app. Nothing much you can do except use another e-mail client like Thunderbird.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

See what I said here about this issue:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Unable-to-send-emails-from-Windows-10-Mail-App/td-p/32858...

There is a setting in Win 10 which enables you to turn off the notifications. Google for it. I don't use win 10.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
HalcyonL
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. That has partially worked. I have managed to switch of the pop ups which were happening every few minutes. However there is still a message appearing in Mail saying my Virginmedia account settings are out of date and I don't know what this means as my email is working satisfactorily.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ignore it. The issue is with win 10 mail app. Nothing much you can do except use another e-mail client like Thunderbird.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks