Menu
Dazo59
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mail delivery failed message

Nearly every time my wife is sent an email to her @blueyonder.co.uk email address the sender receives the message below even though 1) the actual message is received by my wife, 2)my wife has never had an outlook or Hotmail email address. Have you any ideas how to stop this as the senders think their messages are not getting through. This is a problem especially for emails received from her bank.

removed@outlook.com
   host mx1.hotmail.com [134.170.2.199]
   SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<removed@outlook.com>:
   550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mail delivery failed message

Check in VM webmail and any other email client that you use to make sure that there are no forwarding rules set up to an outlook.com address.  

I appreciate that you say your wife has never had such an email address, but the bounce message that senders are receiving suggests there may be some forwarding going on.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Check in VM webmail and any other email client that you use to make sure that there are no forwarding rules set up to an outlook.com address.  

I appreciate that you say your wife has never had such an email address, but the bounce message that senders are receiving suggests there may be some forwarding going on.

Dazo59
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. There was an auto forward set up. 

0 Kudos