Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
Wylienet

Lost patience with Blueyonder email

After suffering the third email "outage" in two weeks, I'm going to give up using my Blueyonder email address. I've been using it as my work email address for more than five years, but I'm fed up of having to apologise to clients who have had emails bounce back because of the ridiculously small 30mb limit on Blueyonder accounts (when is this promised capacity ungrade ever going to happen?) or because outages have meant that their emails to me have gone AWOL for 12 hours or more.

This kind of patchy service might have been acceptable 15 years ago, but there is no excuse for it in 2009.

If there's anyone from Virgin looking in, I'd be interested to hear your explanation. Or if you have a blueyonder email address, i'd be keen to hear your views too.

Meanwhile, I'm going to start the laborious job of telling my contacts to replace my Blueyonder address with my Google one.

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
AlexBrown

Re: Lost patience with Blueyonder email

Getting stuck into it straight after the Xmas change freeze - see my recent blog on this.

Alex

Alex Brown
Head of Broadband Product Experience, Virgin Media

Tweet us: @virginmedia
Please use plain text.
Good to Know
ianjayne

[ Edited ]

According to the status page there has been a National Issue with web mail and Blueyonder mails for the last day.  Supposedly now fixed, not so it's still down at 1940 hours 16 Dec 09 being monitored by 'engineers' apparently.  How about fixing it instead???

After XMAS??????

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
swink

I am losing patience with blueyonder - not only was I without emails for almost a week, now that the problems seem to be fixed, there is no sign of the emails I should have received during the week.  What little corner of cyberspace is harbouring them?

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
ianjayne

I too have missing emails.  Several in the last few days. Contacts have had to resend them.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Strummer61

I have sent 20 mails from my work to my Blueyonder address since Friday & None have arrived.

I sent some to both Blueyonder & Hotmail.  They arrived at my Hotmail & I was able to forward them from Hotmail to Blueyonder, but still not got the mails from work.

I am receiving emails, but knowing that I can't get any mail from my Work address, who know what other mail is going missing?????

What are Virgin doing about this?

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
ianjayne

[ Edited ]

Look in Spam! (on webmail)  Just look at webmails threads and spam.

Please use plain text.