Menu
SimonRJ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lost e-mail account

Is there a number to call where I can actually talk to someone, none of the available options on 150 seem to relate to my problem.

I set up an additional e-mail account for my daughter which was used for her apple id. Account not really used but found I needed to get into it for her but it no longer exists. Tried to recreate it but says it's not available.

Any help much appreciated or a direct number to a human will do :-) 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost e-mail account

You could try ringing the number given at the bottom of the post linked here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/Virgin-Media-Mail-Changes-September-2014/m-p/24808...

Accounts not accessed in a 90 day period are suspended and then closed after a further 60 days unless action is taken.  It may be too late to get it opened again, but worth a try.

SimonRJ
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham
Got through to someone on the phone but it's been over a year since the account was accessed so lost the account and no way to recreate it. Will now have to contact Apple to see if I can get it changed there.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that, but not surprised. Good luck with Apple.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Change your Apple ID/Email here:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202667 Always wise to have a backup email &/or mobile number for recovery & use two-factor authentication to protect your account.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
SimonRJ
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Doc, the mobile I set up with the ID was a number I stopped using 9 months ago. Put the SIM in a phone and it's not active anymore so a trip to the Vodafone shop to reactivate. Not sure I set up a backup email, don't really remember.

I will try that link first and see if I get anywhere.

Thanks again for your help.
0 Kudos