Menu
RJB64
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lost Emials

All my emails appear to have disappeared from the Mail Server, starting on the 30th October through to the 28th November. I have all my emails before and after these dates. Has anyone come across this issue, or can someone suggest a fix? Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost Emials

Hello RJB64

Welcome to our forum, so sorry the emails have disappeared. We have come across it before with Apple and IMAP Missing emails do you think that may of happened? It may be worth checking all trash folders for them. 

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
RJB64
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply. These mails are missing from the "server".
I've logged into my email account on the Internet and the emails are missing.
Thanks Richard.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard,

May I ask if you've checked all folders when logging in to webmail? Make sure you check Trash and Spam too.

Also, on which devices do you normally access your emails? Do you use any IOS (Apple) devices for instance?

Thanks,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
RJB64
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Jen,

Thanks for the reply. I had given up hope.

I have checked folders and tried searching for lost emails.

I use a range of devices, but mails are only downloaded from the server on my iPad and on my Android phone.

Kind Regards and Seasons Greetings.

Richard
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard,

Really sorry as this thread seems to have disappeared from my queue, apologies for the late response.

Missing emails can be due to:

• Someone else with access deleting them (accidentally usually).
  • The folders have been unsubscribed in webmail settings.
  • The emails have been stored in a different folder.
  • An IOS device has deleted the mail - make sure the settings on your iPad are not set to delete emails daily.

I shall send you a PM shortly (purple envelope icon, top right of page) requesting some additional information. Please reply when you can and I'll see if there's anything further we can do.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
koogeybear
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disappeared eMails from Inbox

Late this evening I cleared out (deleted the messages not the folders) via my iPad mail client my junk and trash folders (something I do almost daily) and when I went back to my Inbox ALL my emails have disappeared apart from of the very old ones prior to 1/6/16? ! I have checked my Inbox direct on line rather than via iPad mail client and this only shows 1 email in my Inbox and no emails in my Trash. What has happened to them and where are they please. Some are CRITICAL.

0 Kudos