Menu
abtrooper82
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Lost Emails

Since the Email outage over the last couple of days, I appear to have lost of number of emails sent to me from other people and my work email address. As far as I can tell no one got a undeliverable message back from emails they sent.

Please could someone confirm the position with emails sent during this period, will I get them ?, are they in a backlog of mails due to the problems? or have they gone down a black hole.

Thanks

zvonok
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost Emails

abtrooper82 wrote:

Since the Email outage over the last couple of days, I appear to have lost of number of emails sent to me from other people and my work email address. As far as I can tell no one got a undeliverable message back from emails they sent.

Please could someone confirm the position with emails sent during this period, will I get them ?, are they in a backlog of mails due to the problems? or have they gone down a black hole.

=======================================================================================

Read this dated:300117...     ... ZVNK ...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Sending-and-Receiving-30-01-17/td-p/3325840

abtrooper82
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes,

I noticed that message but as I got a number of SMS alerts from VM keeping me informed and the last one around midday today explaining the service had been restored. I want to know the position about those messages which have not appeared

Smiley Sad

ptw99
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

After the outage I appear to have lost emails too. A couple have got through during the period - perhaps around the times of the false dawns when it was claimed the problems had been fixed - but others that I know were sent have not been delivered. If this is the case it is an absolute disaster and utterly unacceptable. In fact this whole episode probably means my days as a VM customer are numbered.

Ruth58
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

I am wondering if the emails that have not come to me from 15/1/17 will ever arrive? 

I am also wondering if the problem will ever be resolved? 

The team are working on my problem, but it is so slow! I feel as though I could be dead and they would not bat an eyelid. 

I also depend on my emails for work, and tribunals. 

At this rate, snail mail would be faster! No use emailing me when someone replies as I am not getting any emails in my Inbox. 

Ruth58

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

At the end of the day - (considering the unreliability of VM email systems!) - there are 2 alternatives:

a)Sign up for a reliable account from MS (Outlook) or GOOGLE (GMail) - (also ensuring that if/when you change ISP you will not have to change email address!)

b) Buy a personal domain name  from a reputable company (about £5 a year) and the majority can add 'full' email quite cheaply or supply a 'lite' webmail free - both of which can be accessed via mobiles etc  etc...

...ZVNK ...

0 Kudos
bradsweb
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I queried missing and delayed receipt of emails with my email hosting company (through which I have my emails forwarded to my VM address). This is their response:-

"It appears that there are currently issues with Virgin Media accepting forwarded emails from a number of hosting providers, due to rate limits being reached. Essentially a large number of emails are being forwarded on from the same destination, and due to the strict spam policies in place, they are either rejecting or delaying the emails." 

Whats going on VirginMedia???

0 Kudos
abtrooper82
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

bradsweb wrote:

I queried missing and delayed receipt of emails with my email hosting company (through which I have my emails forwarded to my VM address). This is their response:-

"It appears that there are currently issues with Virgin Media accepting forwarded emails from a number of hosting providers, due to rate limits being reached. Essentially a large number of emails are being forwarded on from the same destination, and due to the strict spam policies in place, they are either rejecting or delaying the emails." 

Whats going on VirginMedia???

That's crazy, I only forwarded on two emails from my work address and neither got through. I think I lost around 10% of the emails I should have got over 48Hrs and no real reason for this given from VM. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello abtrooper82 et.al

Please accept our apologies, we are aware of the problems and working on it. At the moment we do not know what will happen to the missing emails however we will do our best to update this thread once resolved Email: Sending and Receiving 30/01/17

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos