Menu
duluxs
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Loosing email accounts

This is the second time I have lost a virginmedia email account and a blueyonder,co.uk account.

I have also had the primary email address password so i have to log in through a secondary address into Virgin media.

I'm sorry but I really had enough with a company that messes about with something that wasn't broken in the first place.

If I had the power of great unlimit, I'd stop the world, put it right, then respin it
0 Kudos
duluxs
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loosing email accounts

I cant even reset my passwords as the have been doubled in size by who knows who

What a flaming company

If I had the power of great unlimit, I'd stop the world, put it right, then respin it
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Best thing to do as most people in the know, never rely on isp email system, use a 3rd party such as gmail, yahoo, outlook etc.. as for getting the email fixed will be around a week for forum admin to reply..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Current password requirements for VM email can be found here: https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
duluxs
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I know how to choose a password.

I went to reset or change the passwords on the two accounts that have been disabled only to find out the original passwords were no longer accepted.

You need to enter you old password in able to create a new one. So what IT member of Virgin changed my passwords on two email accounts?

Was it a software glitch? or was it someone being nosy and wanting to find out who I have been corresponding with? 

Because those dam Russians get every where you know.

Or does Virgin (how much do you pay him for the name now) just think I dont use the address any more and delete them.

No doubt nothing will come of this, as most  Virgin employees never admit they make a mistake.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello duluxs

I am sorry you were having a problem login to your email, as far as we can tell we made no changes here, the historical logs showed a authentication failure (password mismatch). It looks like you have called in and after changing the password it seems to be okay for you now. If you have anymore problems please let us know we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
duluxs
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nicola

That was my main default email address that decided not to recognise it's password. Whatever I was asked to do by the IT help didn't work, so he ended taking control of my computer and tried a lot of settings which didn't work , eventually he manage to assign a new password to my default account altering settings my end and your end.

Since then I have had two other email address do the same, just stop recognizing there passwords.
I cannot go into the email settings and change the password as I need the enter the original password at the start, but the software doesn't recognise the original password.

So I am not doing anything, and your not doing anything, so there must a gremlin in the works trying to mess things up.

I now know I cannot rely on any service that Virgin provide, so It will take me a bit of time but I am slowly moving over to another email provider and will close down all but the default address so I can log into hear..
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello duluxs

I am sorry you are having further problems. I noticed that the agent you spoke to noted that he was able to access the Webmail for the mailbox via his browser but not when tried from your computer so I do wonder if something is amiss there. Mailboxes are managed in My Virgin Media if you are unable to login there please follow the forgotten password prompts and let us know how it goes. Perhaps it is worth trying a different device?

Thank you 

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos