Menu
WithRegardsTo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 112
Flag for a moderator

Login page - OX App Suite

Hi,

When trying to sign in to my account this morning I was suddenly greeted with an all-blue page that simply had 'OX App Suite' written next to the login (short for Open-Xchange, it seems), instead of the usual familiar red/black Virgin colours and branding.  Is it safe to use this method?  I did a Google search and it appears to be a legit service, but I don't remember having any warning from Virgin stating that our login pages were going to change - although I was pre-warned about changes to the actual email accounts - neither does anything come up for this when I type it into any search boxes here or across Virgin Media help facilities.

Any update and / or advice, please?

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 2 of 112
Flag for a moderator

Re: Login page - OX App Suite

That is a bit weird, I could log in fine..

Maybe work was being done at the time, is it still doing the same thing just now?

Majide!
0 Kudos
WithRegardsTo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 112
Flag for a moderator

Hi DABhand,

I didn't say I had trouble logging in - I asked if it was safe to use it as it was a totally different user-face to the Virgin Media one and It's the first I'd heard of it, so I didn't want to chance logging in using that method in case it was some kind of scam.

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 4 of 112
Flag for a moderator

I know what you mean..

I didn't get it when I logged in, but was just wondering if it still happened when you logged in again later. It may have appeared if work was being done to the site.

Because I get the normal account page etc.

I am sure it will be safe, seeing as it is on VM own network, but double check with any links by hovering over it that the links are indeed part of the virgin network URLs (internet addresses)

Majide!
0 Kudos
WithRegardsTo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 112
Flag for a moderator

Well in the end I went via the VM website and clicked my email sign-in from there and it logged me straight in, so I'm assuming it went via the 'proper' channels in the end. 

Thanks for your response, DB. It would be nice if this could also be picked up / responded to by a Virgin Media techie though to set my mind at rest for future reference, as it may happen again and none of us should be left wondering about it.

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 6 of 112
Flag for a moderator

Im sure it will Smiley Happy It sometimes take a bit of time for the threads to be seen to, backlog of other days logs permitting.

Majide!
0 Kudos
ladypage
Tuning in
Message 7 of 112
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem as Emerging Talent. Wondering if it's spam as I am unaware of Virgin media changing anything. Each time I log in the address changes to have Ox-App-Suite/m-p/2903239#M12826 at the end of the address.
0 Kudos
alanmc29
Joining in
Message 8 of 112
Flag for a moderator

I had this issue yesterday, subsequently followed by getting a blank page saying "Forbidden".

I resolved this by deleting all cookies relating to blueyonder/virgin. 

I've since seen it happen again, requiring another bout of cookie deletion. I've now set up to not allow cookies from blueyonder. Not sure if this will be a longer term solution.

Something weird going on though - perhaps someone from Virgin could comment ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 112
Flag for a moderator

Hello WithRegardsTo et.al

Thank you for your posts and sorry you are having problems with the Blueyonder GUI, I wonder what is going on?

Does it fail when using this link to sign in please https://www.virginmedia.com/email sometimes bookmarking a dynamic one could cause problems?

If there are still problems on that link please may I ask what browsers are involved and have you tried another?

Thanks for your help, we will keep an eye on this.

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
WithRegardsTo
Tuning in
Message 10 of 112
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

So from what you're saying we're not meant to get the OX App Suite page. It's an error?

0 Kudos